Prologue

Aliesa Potter was short for her age, with long red hair, fair cream colored skin, and brilliant green eyes. One peculiar thing about her was the thin lightning shaped scar that was on her forearm, another was that strange things always seemed to happen when she was upset.

When she was five she was being picked on by some older boys, she started to cry when she heard screams she looked up the boys' hair had turned to snakes, she was blamed but know one could link her to it.

When she was seven she had a liked a boy in her class, her so called friend had yelled it out to everyone at recess, just as her friend had yelled it to everyone, her tounge started to grow two feet, four feet. Her tounge had grown a total of ten feet before anyone was able to do anything. They were no longer friends after that.

When she had forgotten to do her summer holiday work for the second year, her teacher screamed at her when everyone else's work suddenly set on fire.

You get the idea.

In fact everyone at her school called her 'Jinx'. Rumours were spread that she was cursed, some said she wasn't even human. (Though nobody would say that to her in fear that they would blow up, have their tongue fall out, or just die on the spot)

It was a perfect morning when Henry, Lacey and Aliesa were all in the kitchen. "Ali, can you go out and get the mail?" Lacey said, some nails were in her mouth, as she was hanging something up. So, Aliesa went out to the mailbox, where a brown owl with big green eyes stood.

Aliesa just looked at the owl, and slowly reached for the mailbox door before taking the mail and running inside. She sat at the table, Lacey had finished what she was putting up and was tying her light pink hair in a bun, after she took the mail, she looked through it. The one that caught her eye was the cream coloured letter with a lion, eagle, badger, and a snake on a red stamp.

"It's the letter for Hogwarts..."