two ; no consent

T W O ;  N O   C O N S E N T
"a woman does not have to be modest to be respected, my clothes do not determine my consent"

T W O ;  N O   C O N S E N T "a woman does not have to be modest to be respected, my clothes do not determine my consent"

Scarlett had a strong affinity for the early morning hours. As much as the teenager valued her sleep, there was nothing quite like the rising sun and the stillness of the world. Before everyone wakes where you have a single moment when the world is completely yours. A brisk cool wind being carried over from the night that gently caresses your cheeks, turning the tip of your nose red while you sip on hot tea or coffee to keep you warm. It was in that time that Scarlett collected her thoughts, it was when she prepared herself for the day that was to come. If she didn't have the hour of 'her' time in the morning her day was just bound to be a disaster. While Scarlett truly loved the company of others she valued the time she had alone with herself much more. It was easy for her to be in a crowd of people, being alone was a challenge for her each and every day. It was when she was alone that she really thought about life, who she was and who she wanted to be. It was a challenge that she partook in daily.

On this particular day she was thinking about her first day at Forks High School. She sat on the top of her roof, her bed room window giving her access to her favorite morning place. She had a throw blanket over her bare shoulders and a cup of hot green tea in her hands as she watched the sun begin its day. She had gone to school on the reservation since Kindergarten and while she was thankful she'd have her best friend besides her she couldn't help but feel a little saddened by the fact that she wouldn't be attending La Pushs school instead. She wouldn't get to hang out with Jake and Embry at lunch anymore. She wouldn't get to embarrass Seth in front of the girls he had crushes on. She wouldn't get to call Sam Uley and have him sign her out of school since everyone listened to anything he had to say for some reason. Sam had been like a big brother to Scarlett since she was a child, the two bonding over terrible fathers.

But this was how it was, and she had to be okay with it since she had no other choice. Billy and Sam had told her that they would talk to the principal about getting her back in but she didn't want to cause anymore trouble or get anymore people involved. Now that she thought of it, they both seemed pretty adamant about her not attending Forks High School, for what reason she didn't know. How bad could the pale faced teenagers really be? Bella was as pale as they could come and she was Scarlett's best friend for crying out loud.

Scarlett sat on the top of her home roof for another good 30 minutes before climbing back into her bedroom where she started getting ready for the day. Using the bathroom and brushing her teeth was the first thing she had done before she decided on a hot but simple outfit for the day. A pair of red skinny jeans, black heeled ankle boots, a black blouse and a black jacket to go over her shoulders. Her makeup was done how it usually was, skin covered, winged eyeliner, lots of mascara, and her signature red lipstick. Her hair was left naturally falling down her back in raven black curls that flowed softly. Checking the time she ran down the stairs to the kitchen where her mom was at, sitting at the table watching the news on TV a piece of toast on a plate in front of her. Scarlett leaned down and kissed her mom on the cheek.