Chosen

Buzz. Buzz.

I put down my sandwich and pick up my not-so-bright-yellow-anymore phone. On the small screen, a word comes up; Bae ;)

I take a quick sigh as I click enter. It reads;

"Hey Lucy! r u on a lunch break? cuz i really need a PB&J! luv u!"

I roll my eyes as I text back a lie;

"No, sorry Romeo! I'm the one taking the lunch detentions today. :( luv u too."

I press send as I pick my sandwich up and take a bite. The teacher break room is empty, besides the vending machine, tables, and Jake Smith, another teacher.

After going back to the classroom, I take out my Apple Laptop out and get grades put in. A student walks in, then another, and soon, all the students are in the classroom. I start teaching Pre-Algebra to the wound-up seventh graders. It may sound like I hate my job, but I really love my job. Today is just really slow. Most teachers were out of school because the flu was going around, and I was pretty lucky. After all my classes were done, I pack up and prepare to go home to Patrick.

Patrick is my boyfriend, he's tall, tan, a jock. Patrick is romantic and super handsome. But he is a teensy tiny bit annoying.

As I am driving home, my phone buzzes again.

What now Patrick? I think.

When I come to a stoplight, I pick up my phone and press enter. The ID comes up as Unknown- block this number. Whatever. But it gets weird when I read the text.

"Name: Lucy

Age: 23

Birthday: 2/3/1994

Job: Middle School Teacher

Where: NYC

Send 'Yes' if correct."

The stoplight turns green, so I put down my phone trying not to think about the text. When I pull up to my small apartment garage on the square. The road is super busy {It's New York, duh}, so it takes awhile to pull in. My phone vibrates again. The same text except something else at the bottom.

"Name: Lucy

Age: 23

Birthday: 2/3/1994

Job: Middle School Teacher

Where: NYC

Send 'Yes' if correct.

THIS IS THE GOVERNMENT
TEXT YES IF THIS IS YOU"

Is this a scam? I decided to ask. They can prove it if they are the government, and they can't prove if they aren't, so it doesn't hurt to try. "How do I know this is the government?"

I start to walk up the stairs to my apartment floor. An answer. I pick up my phone, and it says;

"You are on the 4th floor of The Cheery Apartment building."

I look up at the elevator, and sure enough, it says 4th floor. I look around. No one is around. I quickly type in "Yes." How did this happen? Life is crazy, kind of like a rollercoaster.

I finally get to the 12th floor, and I open the door. I walk in, and it is surprisingly quiet. I thought Patrick would be he-

"Boo!" Patrick jumps out from behind the wall, and I jump.

"What are you doing?" I ask, still catching my breath. I look over, and a small table is set up with roses and spaghetti. He knows how to push my romantic buttons so well. I was about to ask him who made the spaghetti because trust me, he can't cook. But before I could, he extends his hand and says; "Phone."

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"This is a phone-free dinn-" I cut him off.

"But I'm expecting an important phone call." I lie.

"Well too bad. This dinner is going without phones."

See what I mean by annoying? Especially right now? We eat dinner and every time my phone buzzes, I start eating faster. Finally, I'm finished. I thank Patrick for the dinner and try to be my regular self, but the phone and the government?!? I tell Patrick I should get going to my meeting, but really, I'm going to skip the meeting and sit in my car and figure this thing out.

Once I get in my car, I look at my phone and this is what I see.

"You need to go to the nearest vacant parking lot around you."

Ummm... ok? Then I see another text from someone else, and it reads;

"8405 NW 56th st 64153 plaza chain mission v/."

An address, and a code of some sort. Plaza chain mission v/? What? The first thing I do is drive to an empty parking lot. I text the number, and say "Here."

The second I pressed send, a huge platform started to rise, a screen flashed 'Get' and 'On'. I realized I probably drive to the platform, and it slowly started to go down. It finally stopped, and I got out. I went through many verification processes. I was dark and dusty. Not really welcoming. At all. I walk in and a buff man walks toward me.

"Lucy." his voice low.

"Sir." I start to say. "I was sent h-"

"I know why you are here." He cuts me off.

He tells me that a man, Jax Linal, has stolen Government property, and he is getting very dangerous with it. He pulls out a picture. On it, is a blue stone, framed with crafted silver.

"What's the big deal? Is it magical or something?" I ask sarcastically while laughing.

"Yes."

When he said this, I stopped laughing.

"Yeah, right," I say.

"Yes. And it contains the power of everything. Anything you can think of, it happens."

He shows me the picture of the stone again and tells me the stone is on the forehead of a mask.

Later that day, I sit on a run down subway to New Jersey. That's where I'm being sent. They found a clue that leads Jax to New Jersey. The clue said, "Meet me at the garden state."

This seemed wrong. No criminal would leave a note that obvious plan in site. Plus, who is Jax meeting up with? His partner in crime? I guess so.

I told Patrick that I have to travel to Trenton, the capital of New Jersey, for a state school meeting. He keeps texting me, ask if I got somewhere ok, and I finally texted him that if I needed help, I would text him.

* * * * *

The next day, I wake up in a small hotel room, breathing heavy. The weird part is, I don't know why. A shadow loomed over me. I blacked out.

____________________________________________________________

Stay tuned for part two, Forgotten;