Chapter 1 - some basics of John and his crappy life

John was poor. No not living-on-the-streets poor, but poor for a college student. He actually came from a pretty good background with his dad being a lawyer and his mom a nurse, but struggling through his third year of college, John liked to state that he was poor.

Now of course he felt bad saying this because he, John, was far better off than fifty percent of the humans on earth. John attended Columbia university. He thought of himself as a good student, though his teachers might disagree. At least he wasn't failing a class, except if you count health.. but who cares about health class.. right? This was John's philosophy. As long as he was doing the things he enjoyed with the people he enjoyed being with, and, of course, had enough money to afford the latest iPhone, John would consider himself  being well off. Who cares about school. The current situation, though, did not meet these requirements.

No John wasn't depressed. Well actually I lied. John might be depressed. But that's not the point. He was doing things he enjoyed with people whose company he enjoyed. The money was the problem. John actually had a lot of money stored away in savings, but what we're talking about here, is pocket money. John had lost his job recently so income was,,, none. John just had to love this, didn't he?

He knew he shouldn't be complaining. Every day on his walk to his first class, American history, he passed a man in ragged clothing who, at least to him, appeared to be homeless. John felt bad for the poor boy and wished he could help him. But John was a selfish man. He couldn't help it. He always wanted to help the world because he knew there was problems, but never got around to it and, of course, helping many world problems caused him to give up money. John tried his best to be a good person, but it was hard. 

One option he'd continuously thought about over the years, was volunteer work. Volunteer work tended to be free, but-

"Peppermint latte for John?" A voice interrupted John's thoughts. He had forgotten he was at Starbucks. He grabbed his backpack and snatched the drink.

"Thanks," he mumbled. He continued to his dorm and found it empty. His room mate, a nice man named Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, wasn't there. 

A note read: Went out to study in the Library, text me if you need anything. 

Lafayette was a smart man. And a kind one, too. He was always doing what was best for everyone and everyone loved him. John usually tagged along and people sort of liked him too, but that was so they didn't offend Lafayette. The two room mates were friends. Or at least John thought they were. To Lafayette, John probably didn't matter; he had so many friends. But to John, Lafayette was one of his 4 friends. 

A knock sounded from the door. It sounded like the knock in Frozen, "do you want to build a snowman?". John grinned and opened the door.

"Peggy! Where's Angie? She hasn't texted me all day." Peggy made a bee (according to all known laws of aviation... ok I'll stop) line for John's bed which contained a large amount of large fuzzy blankets. 

"Ya got any food?" Peggy had lopsided grin on her face. John actually did had food, but couldn't afford to give it his friends. Even if this was his girlfriend's sister. But John couldn't ignore that face. 

"Of course Pegster. But only if you tell me where Angie is."

"Oh you lovebirds want to make out again?" She made a face. "Gross"

Peggy was only 14 (is this a good age for her???) while John, Angelica, and the rest of the (only four) friends, were 21 or 22. She lived in the same town as the college that John went to. Peggy and Angelica also had a 3rd sister, Eliza. But no one talked about Eliza. She had... 

Issues.

-----

so I wrote a half decent chapter one???? Maybe???? KitKatTicTac104 here ya go are ya happy ? perhaps? ok it sucks (like what I do to Robbie Rotten ;))) 

oops its really short. I'm busy. Busy as a bee. *insert entire bee movie script aka the Beeble*

OK BY E

-Helena the Cactus :)