Introduction into a selfish life

When a baby is born, it's sense of smell is the most developed sense of all, why? Because it needs to smell it's mother, or more precisely it's source of food, the baby smells it's mother's milk and that's how the infant knows where his source of food is, maybe it doesn't even have a sense of self yet, and yet it has hunger, by spending more and more time feeding the infant gets more associated with the scent of the mother, thus developing a comfort zone, where it's fed, where it's kept safe and warm. But a baby has no sense of love, only hunger and care for oneself, one might say a human is born selfish, without any care about anything else but it's own safety. Is that wrong, I wonder? I say no. Being selfish is being human, for where would humans be if not for their selfishness, would a person have developed a piece of technology without his/her own benefit in mind? I think not. Would a person help another without a thought such as "it'll come back to me" or a self-assuring thought such as "I'm a good human being". I think not. We are born human, to be human is to be selfish, therefore a selfless being would be inhuman. Would life be better if we were selfless, what would it be like? I can't even imagine such a thing for I don't even know what selflessness actually is, I have never witnessed a selfless act before, I have never done a selfless act before, I have never done one thing without it benefiting me or at least me thinking that it will benefit me in any way.
   People vilify Selfishness, they make it seem as a sin, a bad trait by saying stuff such as "a selfish person can't love" , but here I see people who "love" people and instead of them being selfless they simply become more selfish for that "love", if the person they love doesn't love them back they feel as if they're owed those feelings back, if the person they love loves them back they start getting more possessive and jealous, they start trying to change their "loves" personality just so they can put up with each-other, shaping their loved ones to their own preferences, now how is that selfless?
   People make friends and they help each other through this bond we call friendship, but every time you help your friends you think "I'm a good friend", "Now he/she owes me", or someday down in your life u go to that same friend for help, why? not because you're better friends with him/her but because you feel that they owe you, even if you don't admit it to yourself, overall we help our close ones become better people only in our own self interest, we never actually do a truly selfless deed, and this is a story of people who are in denial as to their selfishness, and the ones who accept they are selfish and act on their true desires.