Prologue

Once upon a time, in a world we would call enchanted, a little boy was given a bean. It was no ordinary bean to plant or eat, it was a magic bean. With it, you could go to another realm, to another world, where nobody knew who you were nor where you came from. And it was exactly what the little boy wanted, to start a new life. Rumpelstiltskin didn't have anybody left beside his father but he was nothing but a coward. And neither was his father. So when his son brought him a magic bean, Malcolm took it to Neverland.

Neverland was a magical place where dreams became true. It was a place for children to visit in their dreams. Little Malcolm used to visit and now, as a grown-up, he wanted to live there. But to do that, he had to be young again.

When Malcolm abandoned his son, Neverland protected itself. It protected its heart, the source of magic, from the monster who could abandon his only son without remorse. It hid it in the best hideout, in the body of a new-born. The Daughter of Neverland.

While Malcolm became Peter Pan, the girl grew up imprisoned in an hourglass, the one representing the youth of Peter Pan. To destroy it would kill him, so of course he prefered keeping his magic to himself instead of helping the girl. She got out of it when the demon revealed his true nature. When he took a life for the first time, she was freed.

She was adopted by Killian Jones and lived a pirate life until she was cursed by the Dark One, who was once known as Rumpelstiltskin. She was going to slowly forget her origins if no one stopped the curse.

Peter Pan and his lost boys kept her on the island as long as was needed to pierce her mysteries. But he finally found out that the only thing she could give him was the owner of the heart that would save him. He wasn't immortal forever, you see. Not until he got his hands on that heart.

He let her go free with a lost boy as guard and they ended up at Storybrooke. And as the rest of the Enchanted Forest, she got trapped in the curse of the Evil Queen. She forgot everything, including her identity: Emily Jones, the Daughter of Neverland.

That's where our story begins.