My Peter Pan

As I was cleaning my old room, an old box inside my cabinet caught my attention. When I opened it, I paused for a second. Even if I don't want to get the diary inside it, my hands forcibly opened my old trusted friend.

        I dusted it off and looked at its cover. It is just a plain old black book just like it used to be. It might  be insignificant for others but it is very important for me. It cost me much.

       I opened my fellow and started flipping some pages. I started to see the past that I forgot all this time. My memories flashed back as if I was writing on it 3 years ago.

Dear Diary,

          I don't usually write on things specially  on a very boring diary but I don't know why I am suddenly talking to you. It might be because I am bored  and I don't have someone to talk  to or perhaps she is the reason.

         As you see diary, there was a girl  under the shade of a hemlock . I wanted to talk to her for I am new in this school but it seems that she's a shy one and I don't want to frighten her so I  didn't disturb her but I really wanna be her friend.

                                                                                                                                          XOXO,

                                                                                                                                         Do Kyung Soo                    

I remembered her smile when I saw her picture at the side of my diary. Her smile was so pure and clean. I wish I can still see that smile but I know I can't.

I remembered the first time we talked and that was one afternoon at spring, I saw her figure under the same tree and reading the same book. I gathered up all my courage to talk to her.

"What are you reading there?" I asked her out of silence which made her startled.

"The Travels of Peter Pan..." 

" Really? That is my favorite book too. Believe me that's really fun and exciting." I said then I smiled at her. " By the way, I am Do Kyung Soo, D.O for short. I am a transferred student so I am not familiar to the students of this school. What is your name?" I asked her.

"I am Kwon Chan Chan. Grade 12 class A. Nice to meet you D.O," she said then she smiled.

Kwon Chan Chan was my friend before. We were very close at that time because we both like to read. I was contented to be her friend. I was contented to look at her from afar. I thought she was just a friend to me but I didn't knew that day will come I will like her. I don't want to tell her about my feelings because I don't want to lose our friendship. I don't want to lose her. 

Dear Diary,

            I  asked Kwon Chan Chan out yesterday. We enjoyed each others company yesterday. We talked of many things and I learned many things about her. I learned  that she was a very sick as a child. I don't know why she can still smile regarding of her condition.That is why I wanna protect her, Diary.

                                                                                                                                         XOXO,

                                                                                                                                         Do Kyung Soo