A Friendship Unbroken (A Short Story from You Will Be The Death of Me)

This takes place a couple of months after the wedding of Draco and Leianna. I was messaged about how some of you would like a little more interaction between George and Leianna. Now this was recently written so if there are errors, I am sorry. I didn't take the time to look over it, I just let WORD look for the errors. And again, feel free to send in suggestions. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Diagon Alley was finally beginning to flourish again. For the first time, I was able to walk down a busy street, full of life. Another reminder that the war was over, and everything will be better.

A squeeze on my hand gave me even more of a reminder. I glance over my husband, Draco. He had that smirk on his face, the same one that I scene that night when I got off of the boat. The one that trapped me, branded me forever his.

I narrow my eyes at him, "What?" I knew something was going on in that head of his.

"I need to do something," he replies shortly, "It will take only a few minutes."

"What exactly is it?" I never like suspense, especially when it involved Draco.

He lets my hand lose, a small smile trying to form on his lips, "It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises," I explain to him, "Why can't you just tell me?"

"You will get over it, I promise," he states, "Now you run along, find something to do and I will meet up with you soon."

I go to argue with him but he already turned away from me. I watch his figure descend into the crowd of people. Once he was out of my view I begin walking aimlessly into the crowd, trying to come up with something to do in the meantime.

Ahead I spot specific place. One that I saw and I knew that it was where I both needed and wanted to go.

The bell rung as soon as I opened the door, the same way it did when I first entered here years ago. It was crowded, as it always was. So many memories flooded my head as I look around. I helped in creating this place, this place that was the dream of George and his late brother Fred.

"Leianna?" I hear someone ask from behind me.

I smile before I even turn around, already knowing the voice.

"Ron."

I walk to him, closing the space between us, and engulf him in a big hug.

"It's good to see you," I whisper to him.

"Good to see you," he replies.

We both pull away, "It's nice to see the place running again," I tell him as I glance around the room.

"Yeah, I think it's what everyone needs," he responds, "A little fun and mischief."

"Yeah," I laugh, "I guess everyone needs a little Weasley mischief."

"We all have a little George and Fred in us."

I nod in agreement.

"Speaking of, where is George?" I ask looking around, trying to find that familiar patch of red hair.

"He's in his office," he responds, his tone changing.

I look to Ron whose face now held sadness.