All grown up

Beep beep beep bee-.   An alarm clock goes flying off the night stand making a thud noise on the hard wooden floor. "honey what's going on up there? are you okay?" a loud voice of a mother yelled up the stairs. "hmm yeah mom I'm fine" i slowly slowly getting out of bed. My bare foot reaches the cold wooden floor so a jump back up into my bed and quickly squirm under my soft, fuzzy warm blankets. "WOO HOO!" He came running in fast and thumping through out the whole house. "Wake up! Wake UP! three more days till schools out, WOO HOO!" said billy as he jumps on my bed. "GET OFF MY BED" I get up and shove my little brother off my bed.  I hear hard foot steps running op the steps, then my door swings open. "OH MY GOD! billy are you okay?!?" my mom comes running over to my ten year old brother and basically picks him up off the ground and sets him backup on my bed giving him a full check up.  " Mom I'm fine, sis just threw me off her be-" mom covered up billy's mouth "YOU DID WHAT TO YOUR LITTLE BROTHER!" my mom grabs my ear and gets me out of bed "what did I tell you? I told you that you need to be nice for your brother. Sooner or later you wont be here for him when he needs you most" my mom started to nag when I interrupted her "mom I have a phone he will always be able to call me... Now it is almost seven and your a doctor so you better get to work" I start to nudge my mom and brother out of my room.  Then my mom stops me and my brother leaves "What if he has neither of us later in life? you need to give him all the love you can give him now, just trust me" she gives me a kiss and leaves with a worried face.

After I pick out what I want to wear I leave my door I see my brother at the other end of the hall giving me the I call dibs look for the bathroom. We both start running to the bathroom but I make it first. "PLEASE let  me go first, PLEASE!" billy starts to whine but I just shut the door on him.  

"... HERONA"S!!!" I hear old man Mr. Barkley yell so a quickly run to the window and stick my head out and i am in total shock.  Slipping and sliding out of the bathroom I run down the wooden stairs and leave the front door swinging when i grabbed billy's ear "what were you thinking?!?" I whisper  in his ear shoving him in side the door. I almost escaped with my life "Miss Herona will you please control your children? I would love if none of my prize winning roses didn't die because of your son's inability to not piss all over them" Mr. Barkley Started to walk up to me. I tried to ignore him but he came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.  "Oh little Lindy it's you. Where is your mother?" I took a deep breath and sighed "she um... she had to go to work" I waited for his response but he just looked frozen. "Mr. Bark-" the I was interrupted "SHE LEFT YOU HOME ALONE!?! WITH YOUR BROTHER?" as always Mr. Barkley went into protective mode and decided upon himself that he would stay with us till we had to leave for school.

I got out of Mr. Barkley car and started to head up the steps into the school when he yelled out to me "OH lil Lindy if you need me to pick you up after school just give me a call! bye!"... I am know a laughing stalk.