The Masquerade (PrussiaxReader)

You looked around at all the people, twirling and dancing around one another. Their masks were all decorated with feathers and jewels. The woman's dresses were long and made of the finest fabrics. With a small sigh you looked down at your own dress. It was plain white and down to your knees. Your mask matched it, plain white as well.

Brushing a strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear, you clasped your hands behind your back. You weren't rich, nor did you have any real social status. You only got an invitation because everyone in the village received one. The king was hosting this party in honor of his son, the prince. You weren't originally planning on showing up, but in the end, you decided you could come check it out.

Your (e/c) eyes widened when a gloved hand was held out to you. Raising your head, you seen a man wearing a black mask, his eyes were hidden in the shadows behind it. His hair was black, but at the same time, didn't look...real. You smiled politely and shook your head.

"Sorry." You spoke in a quiet voice. "I'm not much of a dancer..." The man smirked.

"Zhen let me teach you." His voice had a deep accent. After a moment of hesitation, you took his hand. His smirk grew wider and he pulled you out to where the rest of the people danced. He twirled you and you two began your own dance.

The night drew on and it was nearly midnight. You were still dancing with the mysterious man slowly. You'd never had this much fun, and you told him so. He chuckled and smiled.

"I knew you vouldn't regret dancing vith me." You laughed and nodded in agreement as the king, who was the only one who wasn't wearing a mask, stepped up on a small pedestal.

"The time has come to remove our masks! Everyone, show your true selves!" He laughed loudly as people took of their masks and threw them in the air, laughing as well. You looked at the man next to you and looked down, you knew if you took off your mask, it would be obvious you were not of a noble family.

You felt gloved fingers brush against your cheek and grip the edges of you mask, lifting it from your face and letting it fall to the ground. You slowly looked up at him with your bright (e/c). He brushed a strand of hair out of your face. "Beautiful..." He murmured.

You blushed and reached up to take off his mask, but he grabbed your wrist, stopping you. You gave him a puzzled look. He slowly pulled of his mask, then, eyes closed, pulled off the wig he'd been wearing. His hair was a brilliant silver. When he opened his eyes, you could see they were a beautiful ruby red that seemed to glow in the moonlight. You looked at him in awe, but soon came to your senses. This was prince Gilbert! Your heart ached when you realized you two could never be together. You looked down and bowed slightly. "I apologize your highness. " you said quietly. He chuckled and lifted your chin, making you look at him.

"Zhere is nothing to be apologizing for, Frau. Please, tell me your name." He smiled at you sweetly, you could feel your heart thumping in your chest.

"It's (f/n), (f/n) (l/n)." You said quietly.

"It fits you. A beautiful name for a beautiful Frau." He said, causing your cheeks to heat up. He slowly leaned in, closing his ruby red eyes as he pressed his lip to your own. Your eyes slid closed as you returned the kiss, your heart pounding in your chest. After a few moments, he pulled away, leaving you wanting more. He leaned close to your ear. "Be mein, frau...?" He asked in a seductive tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY! My first story done! I plan on doing a bunch of these because I don't know, they're fun! :D

(l/n) - last name
(f/n) - first name
(h/c) - hair color
(e/c) - eye color

It was short, but I hope you liked it! Check back for more if you did!