The video game

This is the beginning of a new story I hope everyone likes it even though like I said I suck at intros. Hope you enjoy!:)

*********************

I was just a normal guy….. Was. But no amount of normality could ever make me happy with my life. I sought things to make my life seem more enjoyable. Nothing ever seemed to work for me. Not even trying the girly way of stuffing my face with the wonderful homemade chocolately goodness from Maria’s store. I don’t know what was wrong with me I tried hanging out with my friends but I couldn’t stand to hear their complaints about their very well worth it life. I, Leland Daniel, the seemingly most popular boy in school couldn’t stand the complaints and the annoying voices of others let alone to see them happy while I wasn’t. I would sit home and listen to punk music. I would listen to the singers screaming in my ear wishing I could scream along with them. But no I was a perfect child, the child other parents worshipped. The “beautiful kid” as I heard one day coming home from the prison the state calls a school. They annoyed me the most, those people who thought I had no flaws no imperfections. But one day my buddy Colton saw me with the most unusual sadness within my stature.  Within the next week he brought me a game, a game that would change my life. I know how that may sound, video game right?? How stupid. But it did more than any normal video game would do.

*********************

I went home wondering why Colton would give me Sims 3, I had no obsession with it or any idea how to work it even. When I arrived I threw all my junk from school on top of my king sized bed, including the game. I ambled over to the fridge looking for a snack, nothing as usual. So I walked over to the living room that was so poorly decorated. My laptop sat on the old crappy looking couch. Mom must’ve been using it again, I thought. Probably looking for a job. She couldn’t keep a job to save her life. I turned it on not aware of what I was going to do with it. I went to iTunes once it was on searching through my music which consisted of mostly Asking Alexandria, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Veil Brides, We the Kings, A Day to Remember and I See Stars. I clicked on a random song which so happened to be “The Sadness Will Never End” how fitting for an emo kid. Frustrated I got off the couch and went to my room. I saw the Sims game on my bed and decided to get it and try it out. Walking back to the living room I put the disk in the computer disk slot. It loaded onto it showing little animated characters. When it was done I had to “make people” being ignorant I just made me and my mother along with Kodak our tom cat. We had that done and pulling a memory out of my head about a cheat code I typed in <mother lode> over and over so I didn’t have to earn it. A while…. Well week I got bored of just my mother and Kodak so I made my friends.  Every day someone new was added. Every day I made the town more and more like my own. Everything was exactly like my town down to the stop signs.  Pretty soon I made every person in every click hang out with only those people that they did in reality. When I messed with them I made them do things that they never would in real life. All the stuff they did in the game came out into the real world. Every girl that got pregnant; got pregnant. Every bloody fight that resulted in being sent to the hospital happened. For the better or for the worst I was freaking out but I couldn’t stop playing it. I was addicted.

*********

There will be more to come just be patient my darlings.