Blayke - Chapter 1

Blayke

As I pack my bags to head home to the town and memories I left behind my cat Angus comes up rubbing his face into my leg, purring and meowing as if he knows whats going on. It's as if he can feel the dread pouring off me and the fact that even though I'm going back to be at my brothers wedding, I'm also going back to the town that holds the very reason I left. Ryder Jones. Even thinking about him has my heart racing and a whole bunch emotions swirl through me. His dark chocolate brown eyes still haunt me. Love, fear and pain. All caused by him and how he split my heart in two. As much as I am looking forward to seeing my dad and both of my brothers I'm also dreading running into him. I gave him my whole heart only for him to shatter it into a million pieces. I remember it as clear as day...

Walking through the crowded house of drunk eighteen year olds I'm trying to find Ryder. My brother told me he went to use the bathroom but I cant seem to find him anywhere, that is until I hear a laugh from behind one of the bedroom doors, a high pitched annoying screech that I would recognise anywhere. Jenny Lancefield, the school bike and she's had her eyes on Ryder since he moved to Charleston. I saw her ogling him when we showed up to one of the school jocks end of year party together. Tonight was the night I was going to lose my virginity to the only boy I have ever loved and the only one who will ever hold my heart. Standing frozen I watch the door open and both of them file out. He never spots me but Jenny does with a massive smile on her face.

"Mmmm Ryder you're better in bed than I thought" she says seductively as she trails her hand up his biceps.

It was right then and there that my heart split in two and I knew in my mind that I needed to get out of this town and as far away as possible. Embarrassment and pain washes over me as I flee the house passing the youngest of my two older brothers on the way. Jace grabs my shoulder as i try to pass him, tears streaking down my face.

"Blayke, whats going on and where are you going?" he says anger clearly written on his face knowing that someone upset his little sister.

"Nothing, look I have to go can we talk about this at home?" I rush out knowing I just lied to my brothers face because the truth is I wasn't going to be home once the party finished.

"Ok, I love you sis" he says sympathy dripping from his voice.

I walk fast out the front door straight into a cab and head home. Once I'm through the door of my house i'm throwing stuff into a suitcase tears streaming down my face and my chest aching. I know leaving my family behind is going to be hard but I need to do this. I cant be here and watch him with her its too much. I book a bus ticket to Portland and leave my family and the only boy who has ever owned my heart behind.

Im pulled back to the present by Angus clawing at my leg.

"Ok buddy lets go get you some food then your going for a sleepover at aunty Kate's house."

Heading into the kitchen and pouring some dry biscuits into his bowl I flick Kate a text to let her know I'm heading off and that Angus has been fed. My phone beeps with her reply..

No worries girl i'll I'll be there after work to pick him up, in the meantime take care of yourself and ring me if you ever need to talk. xx

Kate was the first friend I made when I moved to portland and she's been nothing but nice to me. She knows everything about what happened between me and Ryder and shows nothing but support.

As I wheel my suitcase to the front door I stop to smother Angus with kisses and cuddles as leaving him is hard. He's my favourite little man and I couldn't live without him.