i

"Since the dawn of civilization, man has had opinion, an byproduct of being able to think individually. Of course, this often led to extensive argument and anger. Now, as we all know, anger leads to being akumatized, so I would highly appreciate if no one was made upset today. Nevertheless, I think it would be a good idea to have an in class debate."
Miss Bustier continued to explain the rules of the debate. "I think to start off, we'll have.. How about Ladybug versus Chat Noir? All right, Ladybug fans on the left, Chat Noir on the right."
Almost the entire class headed to the left side of the room.
"What...?" muttered Marinette. She looked up just in time to see Alya head to the other side of the room. Sorry, the avid Ladyblogger mouthed. Soon only Marinette was left on the Chat Side.
Miss Bustier sighed. "Since Ladybug is the obvious majority, they get to go first."
"Well," Chloé started, haughtily. "Ladybug is obviously better. She's more fashionable, and my bestie. We're, like, so close. Chat is just so eugh. I mean, seriously, what is with the bell?" Sabrina nodded to everything the cruel girl said.
Alya stepped in. "Ladybug has saved all-" she looked at Marinette, "well almost all- of us at least once. Most of the time it was from ourselves. Chat can't de-evilize the akuma; only Ladybug can. Plus she has less powers than him and could still defeat Chat in her sleep!"
One by one all but one of Marinette's classmates gave their reason for why Ladybug was the greatest hero to grace Paris. By this point Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the girl behind the mask had had enough. She clenched her fists to keep from exploding. Just as she was about to open her mouth to fight back, the one voice she didn't want to hear started to speak.
"I guess it's my turn then, huh."
She gazed at him in disbelief.
No, she thought. She had handled akumas and nearly gotten herself injured before. Hell, she'd nearly died before. But Marinette didn't know if she could handle Adrien Agreste, the boy she may have been in love with, the nice, sweet, considerate gentleman she adored, bash on her best friend. No, he was more. Chat was her partner.
Little did she know that Adrien hated this as well. After all, he was Chat Noir. But he had to do this. Adrien took a shaky breath, ready to form all his insecurities into words. "I'm going to say the thing we all haven't addressed so far."
His next words nearly broke Marinette.
"Chat Noir... is a burden on Ladybug."
In that instant, Marinette could have sworn her heart shattered.
Adrien continued. "The truth is, though he has more powers, though he helps Ladybug, he's been controlled by an akuma three times. He even caused one at one point. Anyone remember Copycat? Each time he's been controlled Ladybug has had to stop him. Instead of destroying the akuma, she's had to fight her partner; and even then, she defeated him and the akumatized villain. Chat-"

Bang

The sound of hands smacking a table resonated through the room.
All eyes travelled to Marinette as she slowly stood up and walked to the other end of the room. The room was silent as Marinette, with her lowered head and bangs covering her eyes, calmly approached Adrien.
Chloé broke the silence. "Come to join the winning side, klutz?"
Ignoring her, Marinette jabbed her finger in Adrien's chest, whispering, "How. Dare. You."
Though he could hear her perfectly, thanks to his catlike hearing, his confusion lead him to burst out, "What?"
At this point, Marinette was so angry, she exploded. "How DARE you assume Chat Noir burdens Ladybug?!" When she looked up, Adrien could see her eyes were filled with betrayal. "Chat Noir is one of Ladybug's closest friends. Maybe even her best friend. He was always there when she needed help. He loves her, but no matter how many times she's rejected his feelings, Chat has always stood by her. His relentless flirting and annoying cat puns. God, those cat puns! He has always tried to make her happy. He has respected her wishes to hide their identities, no matter how much he didn't want to. He- Chat cares so much for her, that he's risked his life for her and, in fact, during Timebreaker, died for her." Everyone looked at her in shock. "Yeah, bet you didn't know that tidbit of information. Chat Noir is her source of light and, if it weren't for him, the responsibility of being Ladybug would probably crush her."
"How do you know so much?" Alya interrupted.
Marinette smirked humorlessly. "Because I know her."
Alya gasped as she remembered Mari's consolation for deleting her Ladybug video. "The interview," she muttered.
"So, yeah. Chat Noir is the greatest and there is nothing any of you can say to convince me otherwise." She glared at Adrien as the bell rang. Then, she promptly turned on her heel to leave as the rest of the class stared at her in utter confusion. She stopped at the door to murmur, "I don't deserve to be his lady."
What, thought Adrien.
The teacher cleared her throat. "I guess we're all in agreement that Marinette won." No one responded. Even Chloé was so shocked that she didn't threaten to call her daddy.

~~~~~

"Hey, Kitty," Ladybug greeted as he sat by her on the roof's edge.
"Good evening, m'lady," Chat smiled. He'd been in a good mood ever since his classmate has expressed her gratitude to him.
Ladybug, however, had been sour all afternoon. She looked at him and stated simply, "I'm sorry."
"For what? You've done nothing wrong and even if you had, I would have already forgiven you for it."
"Not for me. For everyone. You're not appreciated in this; you're as a sidekick." She spat out the word.
"I don't mind. It's nice that people see you for how amazing you are."
"But you deserve the same! I-I have this boy who goes to my school and for the longest time I liked him." Chat bristled. Oh, great; competition, he thought. Ladybug continued, not noticing the odd look on his face. "But in school today, he said you burdened me! I hated him so much at that moment. I always thought he was the nicest, sweetest person ever. But now..." She looked at Chat and pulled him into a hug. Chat was pleasantly surprised and squeezed her back. "I want you to know, Chat Noir, that you are the greatest thing to ever happen to Ladybug. I couldn't do this without you.. Partner." She looked at him before pulling away to go swing off.
"Wait!" he yelled out. She turned back towards him. "Thank you." Chat watched as his lady smiled and swung off into the night sky. Now he had another thing to worry about.
What did Marinette mean?

a/n-
Sorry if it's not that great. I'm not great at writing. Me and my friend- bad grammar I know- originally intended for it to be a comic but learned that I'm not great at drawing people in small spaces. Unless they're chibi. Then I'm okay. I might make this into a book of random one-shots that come to my head. My weird, insane head. So, bye for now to the zero people reading!