Levi X Reader

I leaned against the cool window pane. My warm breath fogging up the class as I looked out at the crowded street. I held my breath as the crowd began to part, meaning that the Survey Corps was about to come through. I took deep breath and pressed my hand against the crowd.

'Okay (Y/N), it's going to be okay. Even if he's not...' You thoughts trailed off as I caught a flash of dark green caught your eye. You turned your head so you could watch the soldiers walk down the street. It was obvious the group was smaller now than it had been when they first exited the walls..but that was normal.

I blinked in surprise as I noticed a white speck drift slowly down. I allowed myself a quick glance up at the grey skies before looking back towards the marching soldiers. I hoped that the slight distraction didn't make me miss him.

My eye desperately scanned the crowd over three time before they landed on the person I was looking for. I let out a sigh of relief and began to back away from the window. I rubbed my face and shook my head. 'I swear he's going to be the reason I have a heart attack!' I thought to myself as I turned my back to the window.

Tears were threatening to spill over as I flopped down on the couch. My eyes were focused on the floor, my head clutched between my hands. I let my eyes close and my mind wonder. Of course my thoughts went to him. They always did.

'I wonder if he'll come see me...before he has to go back to his camp.' I thought. I leaned my head back so it rested against the back of the couch, my eyes focused on the ceiling. When he first joined the Survey Corps, he would always make sure he would come see me. As the years have passed, his visits have faded. They are almost nonexistent now. I've also noticed he's grown colder and more closed off.

Though as much death as he's seen and everything he's been through, I didn't expect any less. Every person he gets close to is ripped from his life. Hell, the first visit I had with him he had to inform me that our two childhood friends were killed in combat. I squeezed my eyes shut tight as the tears began to trail down my face.

I remember the pain of that day. I remember how the man I loved, my best friend, fell apart in front of me. His pale face was tear streaked. His normal black neat hair was a mess due to the fact that he kept running his hands through his hair. Every so often he would whisper, "They're dead." His normally strong and commanding voice came out weak.

Other than his whispers and his occasional sobs the room was silent as he leaned against me. His strong arms were wrapped around my waist and his forehead rested against my shoulder. My hands rested gently against his back, afraid if I held him too tightly he could break apart.

That was the last time I saw any emotion from him. He no longer gave me his rare smile that he reserved me. I noticed him slowly drifting away and when I pointed it out, he would shut the conversation down. HE would shut down. Refuse to talk. And if I continued to push...well it would end in him calling me a "vile, heartless creature" and slamming the door as he walked out.

I was drawn from my memories as a loud knocking from my door. My heart jumped as I smile and rushed to the door. My fingers struggled to undo the lock due to the excitement I felt. Another loud knock was heard.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I continued my struggle. "I'm coming." I whispered. I forced myself to stop and take a deep breath. I slowly reached up and unlocked the door. I pulled the door open and my heart stopped.

"Oh...hello." I mumbled. I know the disappointment I felt was obvious in my voice. I didn't care enough to mask it. The boy in front of me shuffled uncomfortably. His hands were behind his back. He reached up with one hand and brushed his brown hair out of his teal-green eyes. He was good looking to say the least. I cocked my eyebrow as I took in his outfit. He was a member of the Survey Corp.