Don't Judge Me Remix

I know a lot of people wonder why I did it. Out of all the people that could have done it, why me? Why did I choose to do it? I guess they knew I was crazy enough to do it. Maybe I wanted to prove something to myself. But know the main reason I did it was you.

            She was the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. Short black hair. Full lips. Petite frame. And her smile…

            “Stop drooling already, Will. I’m pretty sure she won’t find that attractive,” Rush joked.

            I couldn’t take my eyes off her. “You know her?”

            “Not really. Just heard about her from around the way. She’s Mr.Zetterfield’s daughter,” Rush said he continued to record data.

            “You think she knows about me?” I could see her running into Mr.Zetterfield’s arms. He spun her around with a big smile on his face as she giggled.

            “Why should she? It’s not like you real close with Mr.Zetterfield.”

            I took my eyes off her momentarily and cut my eyes at Rush. “You know what I mean.”

            Rush paused as if he realized what I meant. “Oh, well I doubt it. From what I hear, Mr.Zetterfield is the only person she talks to. Daphne and the girls think she’s a snob. Apparently she’s more interested in the stars than the people in the agency.”

            Good, I thought to myself as she hands Mr.Zetterfield a bag of food, kisses his cheek, and waves him goodbye. I guess she felt me staring at her because as she began to walk away from her father, she looked up at me and flashed a smile.

            I felt my mouth forming into a smile and I knew without a doubt, I had to get to know her. I had to.

            I was working late at the agency, double checking numbers when I heard a crash. I never heard of anybody stealing from a space agency but society gets crazier every year so you can’t be careful.

            I pulled out my revolver and aimed it out in front of me, ready to blast whoever was trespassing. I walked out into the hallway and that’s when I saw her.

            She was fussing at herself as she was on her knees trying to pick up the glass pieces from the frame that held a picture of the founding members of the space agency.

            I lower my gun. “You shouldn’t pick that up with your hands. You could cut yourself.”

            She whipped her head around, gasped, and put her hand on her chest. “Don’t scare me like that!”

            “Stay still, a’ight?” I tuck my gun in the front of my pants and run into one of the work stations and grab a dust pan and broom.

            I run back into the hallway and approached her from the side. God, she looked even better up close.

            Pretty brown eyes. Skin the color of butterscotch candy. I was trying real hard not to focus on her lips.

            I began to sweep up the glass. “I didn’t know anyone was here,” she said, looking at me curiously.

            “I always work late. The better question is what are you doing here besides making a mess?” I ask, teasing her. She blushes with embarrassment as I take the pieces of glass in her hand.

            “I wanted to use the telescope to look at the stars.” She looks at my gun pointing out the front of my pants. “Are you allowed to have a gun on you at the agency?”