Chapter 1

Luke walked along the railing and entered the control room in the Cloud City reactor shaft. He walked slowly his hand on his lightsaber. Darth Vader lunged out from the side at Luke, lifting his lighstaber to clash with Vader's. Darth Vader fights luke back out the control room to the end of the gantry.

"You are beaten." Vader stated. "It is useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did," He warned.

Irked at the mention of his late friend, Luke attacks, nicking Vader on the shoulder. There's a hiss accompanied by Vader grunting, but he goes back on the attack. Slash after slash, and Vader cuts the complex loose, where it is blown away. Luke, distracted, doesn't see Vader strike again until the searing pain as the red lighsaber cuts off his hand, his lightsaber, or rather, Vader's former lighstaber, falls
Luke lets out a scream, and clutches his forearm to his left side of his chest.

Luke scoots down to the very end, to escape the terror that is Darth Vader. Vader tries to follow, but does not go as far as Luke.

Seeing Luke trapped, Vader goes back to talking.

"There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy!"

"I'll never join you!" Luke retorted.

"If only you knew the power of the dark side." Vader bragged. "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father."

But Ben did, Luke thought. "He told me enough!" He yelled. "He told me you killed him."

Vader, disgusted by such a lie, broke the truth, what Luke would have never suspected.

"No." Vader boomed. "I am your father."

Stunned, Luke clutched the end of the railing.

"No," Luke said in disbelief. "No, that's not true! That's impossible."

"Search your feelings, you know it to be true!" Vader advised.

Reaching his breaking point Luke screamed "No!" his emotions getting the better of him, his world crashing down around him.

"Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son. Come with me. It is the only way." Vader outstretched his hand.

Luke went closer to his father and grabbed his hand.

"My son. You have chosen correctly." Vader said, almost surprise evident in his voice.

"I just want the war to end, Father."

Vader, knowing his son to want a peaceful end to the war, humored him. "Yes. I agree." However, Vader knew that deep down, there would be killings, the end of the rebellion. But that was for the future. His main focus was now to train his son. Vader's thoughts went deeper. The fact that Luke was even here, was an enigma. Was it not the words of the Emperor who said Padmé was killed? How was she to give birth? He knew her to be dead, he could not feel her presence when he arose in his new suit. Vader knew what it was time for.

The Emperor must perish.

/

The Millennium Falcon

Meanwhile, R2-D2 was dragging C-3PO aboard the Falcon.

"I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me. Of course, I've looked better.

R2 beeped in response, as Chewbacca began the controls, Leia in Han's usual seat and Lando behind them.
They take off and luckily, Lando's people had fixed the light speed on the ship.

Lando had told them Jabba resides on Tatooine, and they sped off to save Han, hoping Luke would escape the clutches of the Empire.