The Gay Boy

"Ha, gay." Brady heard coming from the other side of the room. His stomach dropped. The color flushed out of his face. Could they see it in his eyes? Did they all know..? Brady is a 10th grader at a public school. He seems like your average kid. He makes A's and B's, has friends, plays sports, you know, the average 10th grade boy. But Brady was so much more than he appeared to everyone. It was a Tuesday.. Brady's parents picked him up from school. Like usual he went home, did his homework, and went to basketball practice. During practice he noticed the other guys were on their phones, laughing and staring at Brady... Thankfully it was the end of practice. Brady ran to his parents car. As they asked him what's wrong he pulled out his phone, getting on his instant messenger. Where he recently had been speaking to another guy named Chad. Chad was charming, and handsome. He also had a crush on Brady, so Brady accepted it and decided not to question the fact that he has never met Chad. When the app loaded, he had messages from hundreds of people, swearing, and preaching at him. Telling him how being a "fag" is a sin. He then realized that Chad was not a real guy, but only the most popular guys at school messing around. They leaked "Chad's" and Brady's messages online. Brady knew at that moment, his life was over. He cried. He laid in the bathroom floor, holding his stomach so he could breathe while he continued to bawl. These people, they did not understand what he was feeling. They only cared that being homosexual was a sin. They did not think about how Brady truly feels. When Brady first started puberty, he realized he was a bit different than others boys. He didn't find girls attractive. He tried to. He lied about it. He pretended to love a girl, they stayed together for a year and he could not force himself to like her. He was so disappointed in himself. He hated himself so much.

He knew what was coming. The bullying. The fights. He knew he'd be where he is today. He wrote in his journal, "death sounds so good right now. My fire is burning a whole right through my soul. I have the ability to blow it out in a second, so why not take it? Suicide is so beautiful. The whole thought of it brings me happiness. I want the misery to end. "

He also knew that if people knew how he adored the thought of suicide he'd be taken away from his family so quickly. He decided tonight would be the night. He snuck into his dads closet, got the gun and loaded it. He pulled out paper and a pen. He began his suicide note; "Dear Mom/Dad, please don't feel guilty. I had to do it. You'll miss me, I know you will. But no one else will. I'm different dad. I don't like girls like the other boys. Now everyone knows. Now I'm fucked. My life is fucked. I'm gone. I love you both, my only wish is that you do not allow a single one of them bitches that made me this way to act like they were my friend, they weren't. My only friend was myself. Goodbye mom. Don't worry about me. Soon, after all the red is gone, they'll be nothing but black.

-Brady

He then picked up the gun. Put it to the side of his head, cocked it, and pulled the trigger. And just like that he was gone. All the pain was gone. He was alone now. He was happy now.

{not meant to encourage suicide but only show you what your words can do, not everyone can be strong and take it. Save a life, and shut your mouth. If there choices don't fit in with your morals that does not make you any more of a human being than them. Love everyone. Equality matters}