Chapter 1: The Worst Day EVER!!

Cover by Nesha132

I woke up this morning

feeling really refreshed. My alarm clock was blaring like no tomorrow, but it didn't bother me.

I checked my phone as always before getting out the bed. 

9:33

Oh crap I'm late for work! I got out of my bed in a flash. As I attempted to hop out a part of my covers were wrapped around my foot and made me face plant.

Great, just great. This is how I'm starting out my mornings.

I quickly undid whatever the heck was around my foot and dashed to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth while jamming out to If You Do.

"Every day and every night feel like a fool you gotta know"

But of course with me singing it it was very uncomprehending. I quickly finished brushing my teeth, doing my hair and doing a tad bit of makeup. Because my face plant gave me a purple blotch. I did that all under twenty minutes!

I hurried to put on clothes but I couldn't find my uniform. Did I even wash it last night? I ran to the washing machine and it was washed, just not dried.

I don't need to not go to work. I need all the money I can get. I live all by myself so I do all the work for me. I'm only responsible for myself.

After going through many obstacles at home and on the way here. I finally made it to work.

An hour and a half late might I add.

But hey I made it. I got a little scolding from the boss but not too much since I'm his best employee. I'm a waitress at at a fancy af restaurant.

Working here for a while. You get to see a lot. I've seen proposals to the worst breakups.

"Hello what can I get for you to drink today" I said politely.

It was just one dude by himself. He had beautiful dark brown hair that just seemed to match his eyes. His side profile was good. Considering he was staring at the drink menu. I'd rate him a seven.

"Um, cannn I just have aaaaaaa... Diet Coke?" He said like he was still thinking about it. I quickly jotted down what he said.

"Anything else I could get you"

"No thanks I'm good" he said looking at me and smiling.

That smile was so pretty I could have cried. His smile was like an infectious smile. You can't help but smile back. He definitely has turned into a ten.

I turned on my heel only to crash into another waitress. Who had some drinks that spilt all over me. Now my white blouse is ruined!

Ugghh. Now I have sticky soda all over my front. The girl who hit me didn't even say sorry.

Rude!
The restaurant got quiet so I tried to walk away and go get something to clean it but I ended up slipping on a piece of ice.

How lucky am I? I got off the ground and tried to not look around and see the total embarrassment of people eyes. Except I'd just happened to look in that one customer that I was serving. You know the really cute one!

I attempted to get up but I slipped again on the ice. Oh no I'm falling again.. but I didn't he caught me.

That stranger caught me! He pulled me up before I even touched the ground. He had his hand around my waist and the other kind of cradling my shoulders and head.