Chapter One: What a Leader Will Do

The white slits of Robin's mask got a little wider as the Boy Wonder greeted consciousness. There was a loud ringing in his ears, and he felt a great pain in the right side of his head. He released a groan and tried sitting up.

"Robin!"

"Dude!"

"Whoa man, don't push yourself."

Robin's vision cleared and he focused on the four faces of his friends in the dark room. They each were looking down at him with worried expressions.

"You took a hard blow to the head Rob," Cyborg grunted. "take it slow."

Beast Boy helped Robin sit up, "What...happened?"

"We took out the H.I.V.E like we were supposed too, but before they went down, one of 'em smacked you in the head with a pipe...anyways, the room we were in flooded with this green boogie gas, and we all woke up here." Beast Boy explained.

"Yes, with the strange necklace." Starfire pointed to the metal collar around her neck.

Robin scowled when he realized he didn't have one. "Can any of you use your abilities?"

Each one glanced at each other and shook their heads no.

"Oi, Cy, how does that work for you?" Beast Boy pondered.

Cyborg shrugged, "Dunno, somethings hacked my systems, can only talk and move."

"Restrainer collars." Robin muttered. "They restrict any use of superpowers, and in Cyborgs case...his strength and "computer core"."

"You seem to know a lot about them."

  Robin grinned, "Yeah, these villains thought me and ba-erm, thought I had superpowers and tried to use them against us-me."

The Titans exchanged expressions and then returned their attention back to Robin, "So, we've been kidnapped."

"Right." Robin pushed himself off the ground and felt for his belt, which wasn't there.

"So you're all awake!" Chuckled a radioized voice.

Robin froze. He knew that voice all too well.

"Oh, Robin-wopin! Long time no see! How's your head? Hahaha..."

The Titans looked at Robin with expectant faces. Robin turned back to his friends, his expression serious and very concerned and angry.

"Joker." He hissed, venom lacing his voice.

The madman had put many cuts and bruises on Robin when he was back in Gotham with Batman. Once or twice, Robin had returned to the cave with wounds bad enough to keep him off his feet for weeks, all because of Joker.

"You remember me! Oh that's so heart warming!" Joker exclaimed.

"Where are you, what do you want?!" Robin demanded.

"Oh, pushy-pushy! Well, all I want is some fun! I didn't give you a proper
"going away"gift, in fact, I didn't even know you were leaving Gotham!" The Joker faked a hurt sounding voice. "So that is why I've brought you here! I even invited your little friends! I have a few choices for our party!"

Robin looked up at the dark ceiling, waiting for the Joker to continue.

"Option one! Four teen titans, minus Robin, have a fun party with me, just the five of us, while Robby watches, breaking his mind and soul! Oops, that's the only option! Haha!"