Dark side

I turned to my boyfriend - Louis - just as the winning horse crossed the finish line. He threw his arms around me and cheered while my little sister - Jessica - made a face and threw her tickets on the ground. 

"Another win for us! How many times have you won tonight, Jessica?" Louis said, kissing my temple. 

"Shut up! You're so annoying!" She whined, sitting back down at our table. 

"Aww c'mon, you're just being a sore loser!" I shot back, defending Louis. 

"Nuh uh!" 

I giggled and looked at the program listing all the races for the night. Louis had circled a few horses that he liked already so I decided to just go with what he wanted. 

"I'm going to go cash our ticket and bet the next race, I'll be right back. Keep your eye on her Lou!" I said ruffling his hair.

"Alrighty captain!" 

I smiled and headed inside. When I approached the doors, I noticed a man standing somewhat in the shadows. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. A blue beanie kept his messy hair back. He smiled at me before I went inside. 

After placing our bet and making a quick stop at the ladies room, I finally headed back outside. Jasmine was the first to notice I was back.

"Finally! This twat wouldn't let me leave!"

"Watch it, Jessica. Next time i'll leave you at home."

She frowned but instantly stopped her complaining and went onto her phone. Moments later I recieved a text.

Who is that guy creeping on you? - J

I looked at my phone, puzzled. What on earth is she talking about?

As nonchalantly as I could, I turned to look behind me. There were only a few other groups of people out here and most of them were occupied with the other people they were with. That's when I saw exactly who she was talking about. 

I don't know, I want to leave soon though. - M

She looked over at me with a sad face, I sighed and rested my head on Louis's shoulder. He'd be there to protect me, right? 

After about 10 mintues, the race finally started. We didn't win this time, obviously a sign that it was time to go. 

"Lou babe, can we leave?" I whispered, gently nibbling at his ear lobe. 

A light blush spread across his face, "If you're ready to then sure."

"Finally! I'm going to the bathroom first, we have a long drive back."

"Yeah, I'm probably going to do the same." Louis said, standing up. 

I stood up as well and followed them inside only to be cut off by a much larger body. I coward back and looked up. He smiled and placed his hand on my face.

"I'll see you Saturday night, seven o'clock." He said and handed me a piece of paper with some numbers scribbled on it. 

"I have a boyfr-"

"See you then, love."

With that, he walked away with his hands in his pockets. I stood there, repelled by his actions. A lump began growing in my throat and it felt as if I would throw up at any moment. Luckily, Louis and Jasmine came out moments later.

"You alright Sky? You look like you just saw a ghost." Jessica said, fixing the necklace she was wearing.

"Let's just go." I said in a hushed whisper.

We all exited the track and headed for our car. Just as I was about to get into the passangers side, the same guy from earlier was standing not too far away, smiling.