Chapter 1

I am Naiyah Drákon daughter of Cedric Drákon and Carissa Hewitt. Today I turn 14 and tonight it will be celebrated by hundreds gather here at my house. Six months ago if you had told me this would happen , I would never have believed you. But things do happen for a reason and this is how my story began.

                                                            Chapter 1

I can't believe this was really happening I thought as I stood at the doorway of my mom's bedroom staring at her empty bed. Where she should be instead she was at the hospital because she has cancer. Stupid lung cancer out of all the people in the world, why my MOM, Now I have to go live with my dad who I've never seen before, my asshole dad who ditched my mom while she was pregnant with me . He just upped on night and left and she never saw him again. Now she wants to send me to live with him in god who knows where. That is unacceptable, so ever since she told me I've been doing everything I can to show her how much shell miss me, so she won't let me go . She told me that a month and I've got two weeks left till my flight but I'm not giving up yet. If I do go at least we'll still spend Christmas together , our last Christmas together if she dies the thought of her dying made me start to cry ,she was my best friend minus the fact that she was my only friend but still I love her and I didn't want her to die. I walked over to lie on her bed, it smelt of the channel #5 perfume she always wore I turned my face to her pillow to inhale in her sent more deeply . Still crying I took up a picture of us together staring at her deep brown eyes and her dark curls. Sometimes I wondered if I was really hers if you saw us together you would understand why. I am white with dirty  blond hair and sky blue eyes that change color depending on my mood (you'll hear more about that later) she however is the complete opposite she was born and raised in Jamaica sometimes she speaks to me in patwa but not often because I never understand a word of it. I smile at that last thought "I miss you so much mom, don't die please get better "with that said I turned my self over in the bed with our picture in my arms and cried myself to sleep.

                                                                                **********

I woke up around 9 O'clock that morning my aunt was coming at 12 to pick me up and drop me off at the hospital so I could see my mom. Turning to face her brown nightstand to see an envelope sticking out from the only drawer she keep locked, "funny how I haven't noticed that before" I said stretching my hand out to check if it was open, to my surprise it was. Good for me bad for her, it was a letter. On the front of the envelope was Drákon "hey it's my name" I said while adjusting myself so that I was sitting up on the bed. "Why have I never seen this before?" What it said inside shocked me more than finding out my mom had cancer.

My lovely Carissa, how are you my dear.I hope all is well with you and Naiyah, though I know all cannot be well since you have decided to raise her without me, her father. You must know that I miss you, tell Naiyah happy birthday for me won't you. She is five now I hope she is growing as sweet as I think she is. Why don't you come for a visit just say the word and I'll send for you, if not at least send me a picture of her. I haven't seen my baby in four years, you must know that I never meant to deceive you or hide my true self. Please do not think of me as evil I love you and I know you love me. Come back to me please and make our family whole again.

Love D.

What the hell! I thought this letter is from my dad, he didn't ditch us like mom said. He loves her, he loves us, he wanted us to be a family he clearly said so. Why would mom lie, I took out the drawer and emptied its contents on the floor he's sent a bunch of letters over the years all basically saying the same things I love you, I miss you please come back. I sat down on the white carpeted floor, my mind running wild with a billion different thoughts as I read some of the other letters. In one I found a little silver dragon clutching a blue diamond which was the color of my eyes. I don't wear jewelry except for my purity ring, so I just stared at it for a while rubbing it between my thumb and index finger. Finally I decided to keep "after all it is mine" I said then read the letter that came with it.