Chapter One: Great Experience

Good Day my name is Edward Nightingale a.k.a Eddie. If you are reading this I no longer exist in your dimension or time. Now let me take you back to June 1st, 2019 the last month of my senior year in high school. I had very few friends in school hence my reason telling you these stories. I had never had a girlfriend or a date to prom or homecoming. I had either not had one before or I was used for payment into the dances.

After school I ran over to my neighbor Dr. Micheal's house. It was my first day at my new job cat sitting for twenty bucks an hour for four hours a day minimum. When I arrived at  his door I had knocked on it. 

"Good afternoon!" Dr. Micheal exclaimed as we shook hand, "Come in, Come in."

"Thanks Doc," I said as I entered his house, "Soo....."

"Well Eddie, Samantha's food is just downstairs in the basement and there is also a new bag of cat litter," he said, "and don't let her outside." As he grabbed his keys and went towards the front door he turned around, "Oh and help yourself to anything in the fridge and cabinets."

"Thanks Doc," I said as he walked out the door, "Good luck and see you when you get back." Dr. Micheal then closed the door and left for his presentation. "Welp guess it's just me and you Samantha," I said as I sat down on the couch and Samantha jumped up on my lap purring. I flipped through the channels on the TV and finally got settled on watching Power Rangers: Ninja Steel from January 21st, 2017 (Yes I watch it and so what I know the exact date the first episode aired also it was at noon) for three hours no commercial breaks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Three hours of watching TV, Samantha and I were getting hungry. I went downstairs and grabbed a can of cat food. Before I went back upstairs I noticed a vague looking sheet hanging over something I thought to myself *Whats under that sheet? I'll ask the doc when he gets back.* As I went back upstairs I heard the front door open.

"I'm home Eddie!" exclaimed Dr. Micheal, "How's my little angel?"

I closed the downstairs door, " she's fine just a bit hungry," I put Samantha's food in her bowl, "How'd the presentation go?"

"Perfect," he said as he put his coat away, "Five grand for my holoclock."

I laughed, "Nice um can I ask you whats under that sheet downstairs?"

"That my friend is a time travel teleportation machine," answered Dr. Micheal, "Come let me show you how it works."

"That would be great Doc," I said as I followed him downstairs over to the sheet revealing a machine with three monitors, a wireless earpiece, two wireless headsets, a glowing purple pad, and an office wheel chair. 

"Ta-da! This is my masterpiece," he said with delight, "So when and where would you like to go Max?"

"Wait, you want me to test your machine?" I asked a bit excited.

"Well sure!" he answered, "Why not?"

"Okay let's see," I pondered a bit amazed, "How about England 900?"

"Ooo! King Edward the Elder," Dr. Micheal replied nodding, "Good ruler, any specific place?"

I thought for a second then replied, "No, not really."

Doctor Micheal went up to his computers and typed in the location and year and a live picture of the place appeared on the center screen. He then walked back over to me and handed me the earpiece, "Put this in your right ear," he said, "with this I can hear you and you can hear me in case something goes wrong or you need something."