Chapter One

Yuuri's POV

I heard the door open and close, and the click of Makkachcin's claws against the wooden floor.

"Hi Yuuri!" Viktor called, and I smiled.

"Hey Viktor." I turned my head as he plopped down on the couch.

"Yuuri, Yuuri, I have something I have to tell you." He was beaming.

"If only he knew how much I loved seeing him smile.." I thought, and nodded. "What is it?"

"Yuuri, I met someone on the way to practice the other day. We exchanged numbers, and have been talking everyday! She's so wonderful Yuuri; we're going on a date tonight."

"Going on a date tonight." Those words echoed in my mind. Viktor was going.. on a date...

"T-that's wonderful Viktor.." I said, my voice quiet. He didn't seem to notice, and he continued.

"She loves skating too! We like so many of the same things, and she is such a kind person. Maybe she is the one.. Who knows!" 

My heart shattered.

"The one..." I felt tears gather in my eyes, and I blinked them away. "I have to go practice, but I'm happy for you Viktor. Have a good d-date." He didn't hear my hesitation. I grabbed my bag, and walked out of the apartment.

"A date, he's going on a date.." My mind was filled with nothing but those words. "God, I'm stupid; if it had told him he wouldn't be going out tonight, or maybe it would be us instead." I stopped on a bridge, and felt tears roll down my cheeks. "Idiot, you should have told him how you felt." Gripping the railing tightly, I stood there until the sun had almost set. I couldn't move myself. My mind had me trapped. Viktor had no idea how much I loved him; how long I had loved him. It had just been a childhood crush, but... Things change, I changed. I met him, and I fell in love with the true him.

Skaters hearts are as fragile as glass. One wrong touch and they will break.