The Runner

"Agh, seriously?" I reached over to my alarm clock and through it to the ground. The house smelled awful. Like cigarette and burn toast.

"ANNIE, GET DOWN HERE NOW!! AND EAT BREAKFAST!!" My mom yelled with her raspy voice. It disgusted me. She smoked about a pack a day. The house smelt awful and there were ash trays everywhere around the house. I guess she got really depressed after she left my dad, but it was her choice. Of course, me being the only child I was in the middle of the fight. My mom grabbed my hand and we drove far. I don't remember anything else. Besides waking up and seeing a sign that said "Welcome to Ohio."

I walked to the bathroom and freshened up. Threw on some black skinny jeans, a red v-neck and my red nikes. Downstairs, my mom was waiting by the table with a cigarette in her mouth. It smelt even worse than it did upstairs. My mom shot an angry look at me and I quickly ate the toast. "Toast?! This is toast? It tastes like garbage!" I thought angrily,but of course if I said that out loud I would've gotten whooped. I grabbed my backpack, and ran out of the house to school.

"Hey look it's Annie the wimp!" A few boys teased as I walked by. I looked normal on the outside but on the inside I was going to break down and cry. Everyone made fun of me.

"Hey look it's the new emo girl!" Sandra snickered. Her and her "clique" all laughed at me as their boyfriends came over here.