Chapter 1

"Her life was all just a dream before he walked into it"

"Elena"

Her head flashed back, her dark locks whipping around her head to look at the who called out for her.

"Yes mother" Elena huffed tired of her mother calling her every five minutes.

"It's time to go to your bed chambers to get ready for the ball later on tonight." She hears her mother's muffled voice, as she was in the other room.

Knowing that her mother wasn't one to be refused, Elena sighed as she rose from the black piano bench, where her eyes were admiring the delicate keys just a few moments before her mother called to her.

She unwrinkled her blue dress, patting it down so that the skirts fell in a perfect manner. "Yes mother."

Beginning to walk up the creaky old steps, her stomach flutters anxious for what is to come that night. Maybe she would meet a friend or get to eat the delicious chocolate that is usually served at the king's balls. Though it is usually gone before the ball has even started.

She smiles to herself at the mere idea of having another friend in her life, but also the idea of that chocolate in her tummy. She didn't have much friends, she did live in Mystic Falls. Not many people lived there, at least not enough to have a large circle of friends. In fact she only had one friend - her servant Bonnie, who she greatly appreciated.

Her feet came to a stop in front of the door to open it.
"Bonnie!" She yells, not loudly, as her mother would become aggravated.

"In here my lady!"She hears Bonnie's muffled voice from the bathing area. Elena sighs walking to her queen-sized bed before dropping onto it dramatically with a loud sigh.

She snuggles into the fluffy pillows wishing to go to sleep so she won't have to count anxiously wait for that night to come.

She smiles loving the feel of her red silk sheets against her face. Her smiling drooping when she hears Bonnie's footsteps coming towards her luxurious bed.

"My lady, your mother requested for you to bathe before tonight's ball."

Elena turns her head so it is buried into the sheets, wishing to not hear Bonnie's words. After a few minutes of Bonnie standing there awkwardly shifting from one foot to another, she sighs.

"Elena, you know your mother will come in here and tell you to get up herself, we both don't want that"

Even though she knows that Bonnie is right, she huffs turning around, her eyes adjusting to the light and Bonnie's impatiently waiting form.

"I wished to sleep Bonnie, I'm awfully tired from today."

"My lady but the ball is in two hours and you have yet to bathe, I wish to not upset your mother."

"I know you are right, it is best not to upset mother, but I cannot stop yawning"

She makes her way off the bed shuffling her tired feet towards Bonnie, turning around so she can unlace her day dress. Her eyes slowly closing as she leans against the brown bed post, Bonnie's hands fingering the lacing on her back.