Honduras

In February of 2009, I embarked on a trip that would later change my life.  I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, my eyes still crusty from the early rise. I quietly crept out of my room, and headed to the car.  We arrived at my church where everyone met.  I stumbled outside of the

car with my eyes half opened.  After about one hour of waiting we started our long drive to the airport.

When we FINALLY arrived at the hectic airport we loaded up our things. After having a huge incident, when one of the girls cut her leg open on the escalator, we went through customs. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and boarded the plane.

  On our two plane trips to Honduras I watched many movies, shows, and played a lot of games.   Upon landing in Honduras, I cannot say that the scenery was nice.  I actually found it rather disgusting.  There were muddy waters and sandy hills that were simple and boring.  The panorama was diverse and so were the people. The language that they spoke and the way that they dressed were very different.

After an endless plane trip we arrived in the capital city of Honduras. We did some quick shopping and entered the van that would escort us to our destination.

After the amazing trip ended, I had to say goodbye to the friends I made and the people I grew to love so much. I still have many memories from that trip. I will never forget how very fortunate we are to live in this nation when half of the world is starving. They are ecstatic even if all they eat is a kernel of corn.