Justice Carradine

My mother had always told me that I was too young for love, that love did not exist among "middle schoolers". When I came home from school on October 28, 2013, I knew she was wrong.

"Katherine, get up now or you are going to be late to school," my mother shouted as she barged into my room. This was usually what happened every morning, and I was used to it by now.

"Ok, ok I'm almost ready," I responded rolling my eyes.

I got dressed and started my walk to school. School was not my favorite place to go, considering the fact that I did not have many friends, and was from time to time bullied. I had never had a boyfriend, which made me different from all of the other girls in my eighth grade class, and nobody ever really noticed me. There was something different that no one knew about me. I loved to sing. I participated in the school chorus, my favorite class, and I made singing covers online. My heart longed to know someone else who shared the same interest as me.

"Kath, wait up!" I heard my friend Bethany shouting from behind me. The hallway was crowded, and I had nowhere to stop. 

She finally caught up to me, and said "I heard there's a new boy in chorus class."

"Really?" I was excited, my heart raced. In my chorus class there was a mixture of boys and girls, but none had ever been in my grade. Usually by eighth grade everyone has quite the chorus. 

"Yup, and apparently his name is Justice. Not sure about the last name."

By this point I was eager to get to class. I started to run, leaving Bethany behind me. I walked into chorus class and I knew immediately who Beth was talking about. His brown hair complimented his almond-shaped eyes perfectly. My eyes fluttered, and I knew that I was already in love. Bringing myself back to reality, I walked toward Justice.

"Hey, I'm Katherine," I nervously started speaking. I could not mess this up like I usually did.

"Hi. My name's Justice," he responded quietly. 

As he looked up at me, our eyes locked. It was almost like I was in another world. 

"So I assume you like to sing.." I said, smiling.

"Yeah, haha. I love singing." 

Things were awkward at first, but after that first chorus class it seemed like we had been friends for a long time. We exchanged phone numbers, and I couldn't wait to get home to text him.

The rest of the day seemed to go by in slo-motion. I had no classes with Justice, except chorus, and that made me sullen. 

Finally the bell rang, and school was out for that day. I didn't take the bus home that day because I was too excited. I ran back home, flopped onto my bed and texted the boy who I was now in love with.

"Hey, how was the rest of your day?"

He replied a few moments later.

"Good. I'm still getting used to my new schedule with chorus and everything."

We had these conversations almost every day after school for the next few months. I loved him, and hope he somewhat liked me back.

JANUARY 12

Justice was my bestfriend now. It seemed that we were closer than I was with Beth. This day was different. As I walked to chorus class and entered the room, Justice wasn't there. My heart immediately sank because I missed him, I loved him. 

The day moved on sluggishly, and by the end of it I was out of energy. I came home that day, and my phone had five unread messages from Justice. My smile came back as I read his name, and I quickly opened the messages.

"Hey Kath, sorry I'm not at school today."

His next message, "I have a bad cold. But I want you to know..."

By this point I felt like I was going to die. Was he going to say he loved me?

The third message read, "... I really like you. I hope you like me too."

The last two messages were heart emojis.

I couldn't believe it. It felt like I was dreaming. The boy I love actually liked me back! 

I replied as fast as I could "Omg... wait I actually really like you too."

The conversation went on, until I had to force myself to go to sleep. I didn't want this day to end. I never really slept that night.

The next day I walked to school, as usual. Justice would be back this day. I was so excited to see his face again. I pushed open the school doors, and awaiting my arrival was Justice. I walked up to him, and he gave me a warm hug. I missed him so much. I wanted to cry because I was so happy, but I held it back.

The days went on and Justice and I grew closer. He was and is the love of my life.

A note from the writer: I hope you guys liked my first fanfic. I'm stil getting used to this site. As you can probably tell I'm kinda obsessed with Justice Carradine. Please like this and share if you enjoyed :*