New School

My name is Mary Shaw and I just moved to Miami, Florida all the way from Chicago, Illinois. My parents got divorced when I was three. I live with my mother during the school year, and go to see my father over summer breaks. This is my story. As I lay there on my mattress I think to myself, what if I don't fit in with any of the other kids? What if the other kids make fun of me because of how I look? Right at that moment my mother comes bursting through my bedroom door. "Mary if you don't get up your going to be late for your first day at your new school." she said.
  "Hurry up and get ready and could you please make yourself look presentable." my mother was always bugging me about what i wore and how I looked.
  The school is only a few blocks away so I can walk. I arrive at the school and head for the office to pick up my schedule. While I was there, the principle, Mr. Shone, gave me a tour of the school so I knew where all the classrooms were. When were done I headed back to the gym. As I walk through the gym doors everyone just sits and stares at me. I have to admit in my mind I liked all the attention but in real life I was emmbarased and nervous. Suddenly out of the blue someone yells it "Who is that!"
  The bell finally rings and I'm walking to my first period class ( I'm in seventh grade by the way) when a girl about my age, 13, comes up and asks me, "Are you the new kid all the teachers have been talking about?"
  "Were they saying the new kid was from Chicago, Illinois?"
  "Yeah, so are you?"
  "Yes I am."
  "So what's your name, my name is Lillian Williams."
  "Hi Lillian, my name is Mary Shaw."
  "Well hi Mary. So what class do you have first?"
  "I have Science first. What about you?"
  "I have English."
  "Okay."
  "See you later."
  "Bye."
  As I walk to my first class everyone in the glass just stared as I walked. Maybe they're staring at my pale complexion. I think to myself. Of course, since I'm from Chicago, which is a big city,