konačni.

She was a girl who had a strong sense of duty within. Her motto, "Duty before self", implies her determination to finish every mission assigned by her superiors. Although this current handiwork of hers isn't exactly suitable as it may seem, she didn't bother leaving the organization because of its potentially extremely dangerous occurrences.

Words from a subordinate of hersーwhich can be considered as an adviceーkept ringing in her head. Higuchi never wanted to contemplate about the advice, but it was stuck on her mind, regardless. It was a suggestion for her to leave the Mafia because people knew it wasn't a profession suited for a young female of her age. The Black Lizard already stated their opinions regarding this topic. Of course, they had to agree with the suggestion as well.

The female held her handkerchief between her lips as she tied her hair into a bun. Putting on her black suit, she held a bag filled with weapons and explosives. She hid a revolver behind her to keep it as a spare weapon. Leaving the room, she held her hands into a fist and began running.

"I can't afford to lose this mission... Akutagawa-senpai entrusted me with this!"

The cold wind brushed through her blond hair dangling near her ears. Like a damsel in distress running away from her household, Higuchi refused to look behind. Watching her footsteps lead her towards her destination, a heavy feeling ignited within her, as if it was preventing her to continue. She shook her head and continued running. Carefully slipping her hand in her pocket, the female removed a transceiver and held it near her ear. A voice message has been set; stating her progress in the mission was being recorded by the device and was soon sent to her superior, Akutagawa Ryunosuke.

After a few minutes of running, Higuchi stopped in her tracks to catch her breath. Just a few more steps to reach the building filled with delinquents posing a threat to the Mafia. She could've requested for back-up, but she refused to. Thinking that this mission would cause her not less than thirty minutes to finish, she denied any offer for bodyguards. Furthermore, she could at least prove to herself and to Akutagawa that she is reliable and worthy of trust.

Looking from left to right, the blonde made sure no one was around. Twilight had appeared, so did the moon. Shining brightly, it illuminated the way towards the abandoned building as Higuchi began walking with the guns in her hands to prepare for battle.

Upon entering the building, she caught a glimpse of workers roaming around. In their hands they held rifles, guns, and the like. There were a few of them. Higuchi can most likely eliminate them all successfully. Suddenly, she pointed her guns at them and began pulling the trigger. Noises coming from the guns from both parties surrounded the place; it was deafening. However, due to experience, Higuchi was not bothered by the noise, and continued shooting. Her skill was beyond that of the workers', which allowed her to eliminate all of them.

However, her success didn't last long.

She was attacked from behind by an unknown individual, kicking her from current position and landed on the ground with a loud thud. The impact was strong enough to make her forehead bleed through a wound, plus she felt confused. Workers began surrounding her with their guns pointed. Quickly, Higuchi recovered by getting the revolver hidden behind her to retaliate, but it was stopped for her right arm has been stepped upon. The pain enabled her to scream in agony.

"Who sent you?"

A deep voice interrupted her wailing. She couldn't determine which one was communicating with her for they were all covered in masks. With a scowl, Higuchi tried to intimidate them.

"H-Huh...? Why would I tell yoー"

A gunshot landed in her thigh, piercing its way through her skin. With intense pain surrounding her body she continued to scream.

"Answer."

A scornful smile appeared on her face. Higuchi began to vomit blood, her upper part of her clothes partially stained with the said liquid. She refused to answer, which led to more painful shots coming from the concealed individuals as her punishment. She ignored the pain and tried her best to stand.

She quickly regained her composure by getting the knife hidden behind her as fast as she could, and quickly stabbed the leg that was preventing her right arm to function. She threw a smoke bomb to distract them in order to retrieve her lost success. Higuchi took a step backward. At the same time, she threw a grenade near the smoke. An explosion took place inside which cased the ground to partially tremor. Letting out a sigh of relief, the smoke quickly dispersed into the wind. But little did she know, a bullet pierced near the heart of the female which led to her current state on the ground. More workers began surrounding her body, allowing to click her tongue in anger.

"You underestimated us, imbecile. Lock her up!"

Disappointment painted the female's face, as she was being dragged by the workers towards the locked room in the basement. She failed this missionーnot to mention, this was her last. Deep in her heart, she knew she would fail and disappoint her superior if she continued to pursue this kind of handiwork, which is why she decided to leave the organization with this mission as her last. Looking back, the voice message she sent still lingers in her mind, with her fixed purpose deeply engraved into her tone. This day would be her last in the Mafia; worse, she left Akutagawa failing him as his subordinate.

Forgive me, Akutagawa-senpai...

Her melancholic inner monologue was soon interrupted by faint coughing coming from the outside. Quickly, spare workers blocked the way with their guns pointed at him, but they were all impaled by the black beast bearing the name of Rashoumon.

The female recognized the black beast and its wielder's soft cough. Turning back, her face lit with a smile.

"Akutagawa-senpai!"

The male's beast ravaged through the walls, slaying everyone inside. Splatters of blood surrounded the floor and the walls. Akutagawa covered his mouth as he faintly coughed. As his eyes met Higuchi's, the usual frown engraved on his face slowly reduced to a normal one. The female, who was deeply happy because of his arrival, approached the man despite her wound on the thigh.

"A-Akutagawa-senpai..." She hesitated.

"I have failed you again, didn't I? I'm terribly sorry. I knew I wasn't suited for this job. Hirotsu-san told me as well. That's why... that's why..."

Tears began falling down her cheeks. She wiped them off with her hand, although it was stained with blood. Her face ended up getting more stained.

"I'm pretty sure you received the voice message, senpai. I'm leaー"

Suddenly, Akutagawa pulled her into a hug. A hug so tight you could feel each other's heartbeats. His heartbeat was pounding as loud as Higuchi's. Surprised, the female didn't know what to do. Akutagawa wasn't the type of person to hug someone this tightーnot to mention he must be genuinely disappointed with her failure. But, that wasn't the case.

"S-Senpai...?"

Akutagawa held her tighter. Higuchi's tears began falling, but little did she know that her superior was secretly crying too. Cold tears filled each other's faces, the cold wind brushing through their hair, and the moon lighting up the entire city of Yokohama. There they stood, hugging each other beneath the moonlight.

"Don't leave me, Higuchi. That's an order."