My Life As A Human

Tama sat with a martini glass his pale bony hands. Twirl one of my brunette curls I sat next to him.

 "Papa Tama, I have a desire." I whispered.

 "Speak up Katta." Tama replied. His lips took a large gulped of the drink.

 "I want to see myself as a human, living a normal life." I announced. Tama gave a chuckle and set his glass down.

 "You couldn't possibly, your a slave to your addiction." he grinned smugly. I dug my nails into my palms. I sank my teeth into my cheek and turned red. I can do this for hours until I get my way. "You're not getting your way this time."  I hissed at him as my eyes turned from red to black.  "Fine, you can go to school and do all the stuff a normal tweleve year old girl can do!" I clapped my hands and ran upstairs excitedly. Immediately I started to brush my long brown curls. I flicked through the black shirts and trousers, all deesigned to keep me in the shadows.

 As the sun rose in the morning I ran downstairs and pestered Tama about phoning the local middle school.

  "I'll damn-well get it done tommorrow," he roared as downed a glass of scotch. I flared my nostrils and bit his hand. "Ow!" he exclaimed as he clutched his hand.

 "Now Papa Tama, you will call the school now!" I demanded. He wrapped a bandage around his bleeding hand. I followed him around. I started to dial the number and shoved the phone into his hand. As he spoke I sat on the floor making a face a puppy dog watching someone cook a meal makes.

 "Next week then, alright, great." he whispered. He hung up the phone and shuffled out the seat. I snatched his bandage and started to suck on the blood. "Damn it, Katta, how are you supposed to be normal if you can barely stand still when someone's got a bandage." I grunted at his claim and kicked him square in the shin. Tama hugged his knee and took shallow breaths trying to quell the pain.

 "It's an ex-peri-ment." I told him, I sounded out the syllables in experiment smoothly. "You will not stand in my way." I whispered.  Tama growled in pain, he looked at me angrily as he sweat bullets

 "Alright Katta, just let me heal." he gasped trying to breath. I ran upstairs and locked the door. I hugged my knees to my chest and grit my teeth. I had to practice being normal the first step was sunlight. I did as instructed, I put on some sunscreen and sunglasses. I drew the curtains apart and stood there. It was similar to the feeling of being pricked by a millions of hot needles in my skin. My eyes could barely see through the white screen of the sun. I opened the window. A flickering feeling of fire embers on my skin. Suddenly the flicks of red and orange burst in to huge flames. I pulled my hand back in and slammed the window shut. I smothered the flames in my shirt. The first layer of my skin was ash. I blew it off and food red raw skin underneath. I climbed back under my sheets and went to sleep. 

 As the next day came with a bump. I refused to leave the soft cocoon my blankets had created. Instead I drift in and out of my conscious state.