Chapter 1

Veronica POV

"ARE YOU CRAZY COMING INTO MY HOUSE AND HITTING MY MAN THATS JUST TRYIN TO SHOW YO WORTHLESS ASS A GOOD TIME!", My mamas dope feenin ass screamed as I rubbed my face from the slap.

This is not the first time she said some dumb shit like this. I am her hustle. She brings nasty ass street crawlin niggas to rape me all the time. Shit I can't even say they rape me anymore. It's been going on for so long that I'm used to laying on my back while these pussy hungry fools have their way. It started when I was 12, my mom needed money do go get her drugs and since her body was no longer to liking of men, she choose me. I remember the first time she did this to me. He was old and crusty, I guessed around the age of 50, he smelled like the traces of Hennessy and Newport shorts. I hate the fuckin scent of Newport's. I smoke black and mild's laced with some good home grown dro. That's my escape when this excuse of a human, my mama comes with another nigga to turn me like a door knob....everybody getting a damn turn.

I came home to an empty house as usually, my mom comes around 5 always with another man behind her. My dad isn't in my life, he left my mom when she started to use drugs. I always wondered why he never took me with him.

The front door closed and my heart speed up as she opened my door. A man in his late 40's was behind her and he licked his choppy lips while looking at me like a toy . He had on a jeans and a t-shirt with a few of the buttons opened exposing his gray hairs. He took one step forward and I took one step back until finally my back touched the wall. His hot breath was on my neck and I shuttered in disgust.

He kissed my neck while pushing the top of my dress down to expose my breast. His hands fondled them and I close my eyes hoping it will be over soon but something was different this time. Those dirty hands went lower and tightly grapped my ass.

"Your mamma says I can do what I want, your ass been touched yet ", my eyes shoot open in shock and automatically the fight begins. I managed to kneed him in the balls while he fell with a groan, my ass was almost to the door. My freedom was just one step away, I felt the door knob on my fingertips. As quickly as it came it was snatched out of my hand and I was pulled down by hair. A slap, a kick, a punch it all just seemed to blend together. Blood gushed out of my mouth and I felt my eye snap shut.

All I remember was the burning sensation, I felt my body being carried. I couldn't scream even if I wanted to when I was dropped like a bag of potatoes on what I can describe as sharp sticks.

3 Days Later

Its pitch black and I can only see the slight disoriented shimmer of the moonlight from one eye. Everything hurts, groaning I tried to get up but fall right back down. I touch the back of my head, my fingers are damp.. with blood. No energy left in me I just fall right back into a dreamless sleep.

"Is she dead"

"I think she is"'

"Oh my god, do you see her face"

Three boys were surrounding me well I think its three boys. The sun is beating my back, I really need to get out of here. Getting up the boys scurry away, I realize I'm in the forest, the back part of my dress is ripped in half. Holding the front piece, I slowly limp to the open road.

God! I've been walking around for ages, where the hell is the road. My feet are bleeding from walking with no shoes. I need to get help quickly, I look around and see a road or shop peeking through the trees. I was out of breath when I reached to what I think is a corner store, the cashier didn't give me a second glance.

"Damn he beat yo ass, you hoes need to chill with all that, always coming in here looking a mess and wanting some help" I ignored him and just went to the bathroom. My hair was matted with sticks and blood, my eye was swollen shut and my other eye was black and purple. There were bruises and cuts everywhere, I'm sure I have some broken ribs or something. I wash my face and ask the guy how to get to 160th terrace where I live. It took me a good two hours to get home since I passed out twice.

The door was wide open and the house was empty. I went upstairs and my stuff was still in my room exactly how I left it. My stomach started to rumble and I know that my mom emptied out the cookie jar with some money in it. I just wanted to get home, it didn't even dawn on my stupid ass to steal food when I was at the corner store. Groaning I went to wash myself and wrapped up my leg with the spare sheets that we have as well as bandaging my cuts. Slowly walking to the gas station I wondered how the hell am I gonna get away with stealing anything when I can barely walk. I opened the door and welcomed myself into the cool air. As I walked around pretending to be looking for something, I saw a glimpse of someone familiar on the screen.

I turned around and stares wide eyed when I see my mothers face on the news. "Police are looking for this women who is allegedly a big part of the 305 sex trafficking organization, she is also suspected of attempting to harm her young daughter. Eye witness say the saw her carrying her unconscious daughter to her car and speeding off. She was last seen a day ago in Atlanta, If you have any information on this woman please call.." I stared at the T.V then saw the date on the screen. August 21st.. I was out in the woods bleeding and injured for 3 days. She really tried to kill me, she dropped me in the woods and left me to die.