The One That Got Away

"Jacks," I said desperately trying to grab Jackson's attention.

"Why?" Jackson said turning around to face you.

Jackson has been acting strange for a few days now. He hasn't talked to you for a week. When you tried talking to him, he would turn, and ignore you. He would plug in his earphones and start listening to music. But today you were determined to get an answer for all the ignorance he gave you the pass week.

"Why What?" you asked confused. You looked at his face fully and noticed mixed emotions but mostly anger.

"Of all the people in the world, you fall for the bad boy of the school." Jackson said.

"What are you saying Jacks?"

"Jinyoung." he said staring at my face for a reaction.

I was shocked that the name rolled off his lips.

"Who told you?" perfectly knowing what he meant by that name.

"Does it matter who? Why is my question?"

"Why does it matter to you who I fall for? Its my life and my feelings." you said a little annoyed.

"Why are you acting like this? Where is the girl that I know that is sweet and loving? The girl that said she didn't want to be involved with the bad side of this school. The one that would drop dead before touching or looking at the bad side?" Jackson said.

"Hold on a bit Jackson. Why are you giving me a lecture of the people that I like? I should be the one lecturing here because you are the one ignoring me. Its not the other way around." you said annoyed because this new side of Jackson was never shown before.

"You know what, I'm done with you!" Jackson said practically screaming. He turned around to face the school eagerly jogging the steps up the school entrance. You stood there shocked, and processing what just happened. Shaking your head a little you started running after Jackson wanting an explanation of what just happened. Grabbing his shoulder you pulled him back and looked at him closely.

"Jackson, what is the matter with you to--"

"Can't you see that I like you! Why are you looking at other guys when you have me right in front of you. Can't you see me pouring my heart out for you. I been here since day one, and what has Jinyoung done for you?"

Stunned by the sudden confession, you stayed silent. Until you finally had the courage to speak up but was cut off by his anger.

"Jackson I--"

"Jinyoung hasn't done anything for you. I gave you my shoulder to cry on and a place when you have arguments with your mom. I've been by your side since the passing of your father. We have suffered together in life. This is how you repay me?" Jackson said angrily.

You didn't have any words and looked at Jackson. You were clueless on the feelings he had. You were ready to speak but he beat you to it.

"You know what? I think we shouldn't be friends anymore." Jackson said in a whisper while walking into the main gates of the school.

Standing still you soon realized that your friendship of many years has gone to waste in a matter of seconds.