Chapter 1: Freedom

"When is this war ever going to end?" everyone asks the same question every day and every minute. It seems as if the war will never end, the days are longer the minutes are shorter. The heat is unbeatable and in our community, we are running out of water and food. " Yallah

eajjil 'umi ealayna 'an nadhhab qabl yatruk shahinatan linaql almiah," Hurry mom we have to go before the water trucks leave. "abn tayib: Ok son." The heat is blazing like hell, all my siblings sitting down in one corner all three eyes are staring at me. " Look me and umi are going to collect water from the water truck, we will be back in half and hour." All three heads nod at the same time, such precious angles I think to my self. " Umi when will father get back home? he needs to look after the kids we may come a little late and I don't want any bandat getting inside our home." My umi just looked outside the window to across the beautiful large house built infront of us. " Umi forgot them, dad and his new wife can live the luxury they want, we will not ask for any help. You have me, your second oldest son." A smile swept my mums face. " Abn, son, you are not a burden like your father to me, instead I hold my head up just because of you." Just as I open the door I see posters that may change my families life forever. " Umi look at this posters." The posters were painted red, white, and blue, with the picture of the new president. " Umi, look at what the poster says." My mother beautiful brown eyes were filled with wonder, how can anyone ever let her down? " Students that have the highest GPA and works very hard have a higher chance of getting a scholorship to America. Fill out the application before March 24,2017." This was our chance to get away from war and to start a new life. " Umi , one word. Freedom."