Dirty Money

Chapter One

The lights flickered gently in the school assembly hall. It was 9:30 on the dot. Murmurs could be heard. Somebody was suffering. On further inspection two people stood above another kicking him whilst he lay on the floor. These guys appeared serious, they were looking for answers.

"Where did ya hide the stash for Christ's sake!?"

"P-p-please. I-I-I."

Lee, the guy on the floor wept between each syllable that fell coarsely out of his bleeding mouth. The other guy taking part in the torture just laughed. His balaclava sealed his identity from Lee, but Jez, on the other hand wanted Lee to see his face. Jez liked the fact that when in pain, it was his face that Lee could remember. Such arrogance was bound to fuck him up the backside one day.

"O...the cash. It's in my locker..."

"Jez, we gotta get that money and get the fuck outta here!"

Jez pulled out the empty Magnum revolver he kept in his left jacket pocket and smashed it across Lee's jawline. During the time that they had beaten the living daylights out of poor Lee, Jez and his accomplice Alan gained the information that they needed in order to find the £2,000 bundled cash that Lee had hidden. The previous day Alan had watched Lee suspiciously collect a huge bag from a local dealer. Having wanted to be rich from when they were in primary school, Alan told Jez what he saw and the two adolescent boys figured that in the bag could be only one thing and that this could be their big break.

"Al, boy this is it. This is it! With the money we can buy our first supplies man!"

"True Jez! I think we should also get some real guns-" Alan said as he looked towards where Jez's old revolver was kept.

After leaving Lee bleeding without any help, Alan had rushed to and smashed in Lee's locker, revealing the £2000. The boys took the cash and started running. Their poorly planned crime took them to Alan's house where they pulled two of Alan's dad's bikes out of the shed and rode to Jez's mum's place.

Hastily the two boys ran into the house and washed their clothes and hands of blood. Jez led his mate into his room and they locked the door behind them. Jez's want of a lifestyle of fortune led him into petty crimes and therefore severed his relationship with his single mother. Jez was the brains and Lee was the brawl behind their little campaigns.

"Jezza, you know I can drive right?"

"Yup. Let me guess you want to get a car? VW Golfs are going great at the moment" Jez replied with a hint of satire in his voice. He did plan on buying a car so that their operations could move up a level and immediately he and Alan were surfing websites looking for the swankiest car they could get for £2000.

Three weeks on and the duo were whizzing around sporadically through the back streets of South London. Jez had suggested they could make a huge lot on supplying firearms to gangsters and Alan said his mate James knew of a guy who could set them up. They were to meet in an alleyway off Peckham Road.

"Mate," began Jez to Alan whilst they drove up towards the meeting point. " I think we should fuck these guys and steal the guns."

"But Jez, you know this guy is heavily affiliated. We could get fucked up real bad."

"Doesn't matter if we can own the gun trade, nobody, Nobody will fuck with us."

Trust in a friend is sometimes crucial. Alan's complete confidence in his mate meant that the boys went on with Jez's plan. They got the car parked a few roads away and silently walked towards the alleyway. Jez, knowing that Alan would agree with him had brought along some pepper spray to the meeting.