Chapter 1 - Nightmares

I have always been in the dark, wearing black and hiding away from the light. The only light I stand under is the spotlight on stage. I light a cigarette as I look out in the window. Dusk sets amongst the buildings of Tokyo, the night is coming; for me that's the best part of the day. While most people sleep I stay awake looking up at the stars and moon. Probably lost in my own thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" MiA asks coming to my side.

"The dark void called outside." I laugh immersing myself in smoke for a moment.

"Don't get too deep. If you do remember to come back to me." He says placing a soft kiss on cheek before disappearing into the other room.

MiA is my light, the person that pulls me out my thoughts if I can't find a way to the light. He is my light in the darkness. Within another few moments I put out my cigarette in the ashtray and go and sit down in the other room to rest.

"So what's our plan for tomorrow?" MiA asks playing a quiet tune on his guitar.

"Meeting up the Koichi and Meto and see if we can come up with some lyrics to start a new album." I reply laying back on our bed.

"Sounds like a good plan. Do you have any ideas in mind?" He asks coming and sitting beside me now. I just shake my head.

"Nothing...I am a blank slate with no words." I chuckle.

"You're like Meto in other words." He jokes and we laugh for a moment.

No one really knows why Meto doesn't talk, we just accepted him like he is. When we first met him now he could at least whisper out his words but now after coming on stage, he has become completely silent.

"Meto's unique." MiA mutters with a smile.

"You're right about that." I agree with him.

We talk about possibilities of lyrics that we could write for a song and it isn't soon after that MiA falls peacefully asleep beside me. I am wide awake though. The darkness calls me towards it; the stars clicker in the night sky. I am not complete at this time. Not seen or heard...I am safe from the light that blinds me.

I run amongst the shadows as people with flashlights and lighters in their hands. They shouting at me, blaming me for things I have never done. I keep on running, trying to not be seen but it isn't any use; their lights brighten up the dark path in front of them. I run faster until I start falling; falling into a deep dark void. I try to grab onto something but there is nothing. Nothing but darkness. MiA...where is MiA?!

I wake up panting out of breath, when did I fall asleep I do not know. I grab my phone and use its light to look around. I sigh as soon as I see MiA sleeping peacefully beside me. It was just another nightmare. Now you know why I don't sleep, now you know why I try to stay in the darkness alone with my thoughts. The darkness I see is safe, the darkness of the known is deadly.

I get up and walk over to my desk grabbing a piece of paper and pen and began to start writing; nightmare is enough to give me ideas for lyrics. It's better than nothing...we need to start making songs; it's been ages since our last album came out.

"If only I didn't know about the light, I could have lived without knowing the darkness is black."

"Tsuzuku?" MiA mutters sleepily, I hadn't even noticed that he had woken up.

"I am here." I say getting up and going back to laying down beside him.

"You okay?" He asks turning and laying on his side as he looks at me.

"Yeah just woke from a nightmare." I mutter.

He sighs and pulls me close to him, he places a soft kiss on my lips.

"Nightmares aren't real." He says stating the obvious fact.

"I know." I reply cuddling up to him and soon he has fallen back to sleep.

Have you ever felt like you're being watched, like whoever saw in your dreams had become reality and was just waiting for the right moment to strike. For that moment where the darkness would cover you and you would never awake up again,

Yeah...that's how I felt for the night, I kept myself close MiA and forced myself to sleep while eyes of the unknown watched from afar.