Prologue

April 4, 1985.

       My name is Selena. Selena Marie Gomez and I was born  under unusual circumstances with a rare condition. There is no name for what I am. Inside of me, my mind and soul grow old. But on the outside - every part of me is getting younger. The cells in my body contort in a backwards motion. What I am is very rare. I found a few medical cases slightly similar to my own, although not as similar as I would like.

   The first to be recorded in history were the Fontaine twins, born in 1249 in France. Named Dorothée and Édith, they were born with the physical appearance of old women. As babies, they were brought to the kings of France and England, as well as the pope. The infants were seen as unholy or satanic.  Their appearance, unlike my own, stayed the same as they aged.  As they reached the age that they had appeared to be, they both lay in bed together, holding hands, and died.

     Another set of twins, Chaung and Bo, who were born in the eighteenth century in China. Although only Bo led a life similar to mine. Chaung on the other hand, was an ordinary, active, drooling baby, as Bo began on the other end of life. While, Chaung began to crawl and grow, Bo began to age in reverse. Bo became enraged by his brother's good fortune. Our mutual condition had made Bo bedridden from birth. He was confined to the walls of his bedroom and for some odd reason only consumed liquids and never solid food (which is something that I could never do - I'm too in love with food). Anyway, at the age of thirty, the brothers began to resemble each other. Chaung returned to Shanghai to visit his brother on their birthday. When Chaung entered his brother's room and leaned over the bed to hug him, Bo stabbed Chaung multiple times in his chest before he fell to the ground. Moments later, Bo then turned the knife on himself. The two identical brothers lay in silence surrounded by their own blood. The brothers who no longer could be identified individually, were buried in a tomb together. And that was that.

      The last case that I found was a more recent one from the 1950's of man named Gene Fitzgerald. He was an ordinary everyday middle class American. Gene lived a completely normal life until the age of forty, before showing any symptoms. At the age of forty, he began to age in reverse. He lived the rest of his life getting younger and younger. Sadly, Gene died at the age of fifty of Pneumonia. He had no children. Gene was only survived by one brother and his wife, who was found sobbing the morning of his death, as she appeared to be holding the lifeless body of a ten-year-old boy.

    And that's all. There are no happy endings, no lucky stories.

This is neither a happy ending nor a lucky story. There are only people that have come and gone from my life. Lonely travels around the globe. And man that I've loved all my life. But, it is my last will and testament. I don't have much to leave...only a few possessions and no money really. I will go out of this world the same way I came in, alone and with nothing.  All I have is my story. I'm writing it now while I still  remember it.