Chapter 1

The air was cold, but not frigid enough to prevent me from wearing the least amount of clothing as possible. Legs in dire need of a tan and arms to match exposed fully. The charcoal black of my outfit was a perfect contrast to the pale white of my flaunted flesh.

I walked the sidewalk, careful to keep up right in the slight heel of my shoes. Though my pace was met with each beat in my ears, quickening and then slowing as the melody rose and fell. As I approached the glass ahead, my reflection became clearer. The lightly colored streaks in my all too boring shoulder length hair was pulled back into a clip. Tendrils fallen from the sides made what little order to it look messy. Opening the door in frustration, I entered the mostly empty building and headed for the bathroom.

What I saw in the mirror was chaos. Flushed cheeks and messy hair. I carefully began looking over each detail and grabbed the hair clip releasing my hair from its grasp. I ran my hands through it, tossing it back and forth to give a bit of volume. Then when satisfied, I placed the clip into my bag. The pink in my cheeks was still apparent, though lighter than it previously was. I began splashing my face with a bit of water and when I was finally satisfied pat it dry before going on my way.

The hallway was short but held more rooms than one could think possible. To the left were more rooms and to the right was a stairwell of which I made my way to and began to ascend. Though as I made it halfway up the stairs, I heard my name being called behind me.

Turning to the voice at the base of the stairs my eyes lit up with desire as I put a face to the sound.

"Sara, we need to talk..." his face was full of concern, yet I had no interest in what it was he was worried about, it was sure to bore me.

I took a step downward towards him, "Yes, what is it Tom?"

I bated my eyes at him looking for a reaction. Which without fail was shown as he grabbed the hem of his jacket and swallowed hard. His eyes looked pleased yet scared simultaneously. I smiled coyly and continued my descent to him.

"You know how I feel about you calling me by that in public. Anyways I-I think we need to consider what's going on between us."

He stuttered through the last sentence as he finished and looked at me, now in front of him. Our eyes met and we stood still, the moment drawing out. I bit my lip staring into him. Tom's breathing hitched in his throat as I leaned closer.

Lips inches apart. I replied, "What is there for us to discuss?"

The tension escalated as he reached out in instinct and wrapped his arm firmly around my waist. Impatience getting to him, he moved forward, and our lips connected, sending a shudder through me. My subtlety now out the window as I reached my hands up to his neck and wrapped them around him. Though the momentary ecstasy lasted seconds before Tom heard the echoes of voices down the hallway. In a swift motion he separated himself from me and put a fair amount of distance between us.

A small group approached the stairs engrossed in their idle chatter. Tom started small talk, "So it's warmer out today, isn't it?"

I looked at him and pouted, disappointed our fun was cut short.

He looked at me in frustration and I replied, "Yes, it is nicer out today than it was yesterday, seems spring is around the corner."

Looking a bit more pleased at my attempt to act nonchalant, Tom motioned towards the stairs, "Guess we should be off then? Best not to be late."

Nodding in defeat I walked behind him up the stairs. Sighing heavily, I decided to make light of the situation, "So what should I call you in public then?" I mocked.

He stopped and turned towards me; I giggled in response at his disapproving face. Though a smirk soon crossed his lips and he laughed slightly. Shaking his head he replied, "What you've called me in class since the day we met, Professor Carson."

Giving me a sly smile and a wink, he made his way to the door and opened it, motioning for me to head into the class room first.

I smiled and walked past him taking my seat near his desk in the front. He followed and placed his stuff down, then stood in front of the class, "Alright good morning, everyone. Who wants to read chapter seven to start us out today?"

I raised my hand and Tom looked towards me with a lighter smile, a classroom approved smile. "Yes, go ahead Sara, thank you," he said and then looked down at the passage, a slight grin of approval on his lips.

"Of course, Professor Carson," I replied.