The Day That Changed My Life

Meet Sky Martinez , she's 17 years old a Junior in High School ,who lives with her mother Anne and older brother Brandon. This is her story of the day her life changed, and turned into a living nightmare.

~ Sky's Point Of View ~

It was December 24 , 2013 Christmas Eve , the day where everyone should be happy and celebrating this joyful holiday, yet for me it turned out to be a living hell.

It's all started a few days ago when my mother's boyfriend Mark, who have been together for at least two months. And of course I had no say in it nor did my brother, which I wasn't fine with especially since I don't even like the guy. First of all, he's really weird , and is always coming home drunk who also had to move in because he lost his house for not paying rent and losing his job. As for my mother of course she loves her boyfriend Mark. Ugh! I can't even stand his name.

Well I guess I can't blame her, she's been lonely since forever or shall I say since I was born also known as the day my real father left her , left us. My mother blames me for my father leaving but seeing how she is I would say that's not the actually reason or at least I hope.

Since I was very small I was being abused by my mother because she really doesn't like me she always blames me for things I didn't do. Whenever she gets any chance to mess up my life she does and doesn't get ashamed or doesn't care if she looks like a bad mother in front of any of my friends or at least the ones I try to make. She would humiliate me in front of other guys as well. I grew up being very smart and friendly even though I have a mother like her I always tried to not become her. I would always have a smile on my face wherever I went but at home I was the most unhappiest. Although thanks to my older brother Brandon I was able to get through it sometimes, he would always take care of me when my mother would abandon me and would protect me.

Now back to when my mother's boyfriend Mark moved in with us. At first he didn't seem to be a problem, but after a while my mother and Mark started to argue about the smallest things, and sometimes, they would get violent. I would honestly say I was getting tired of this, but yet I wasn't able to do anything about it.

Their fighting led to the day my life was ruined ...

I had just turned 13 and Christmas Eve was finally here. It all started when a drunk Mark came crashing through the front door of our small two bedroom apartment. He was mad and out of control, throwing things everywhere in the living room and the worst part was my mother or brother Brandon weren't home at all yet. After I heard him I went to my room quietly from the bathroom and hid in the closet, but after sometime he had come into my room and found me and he had pulled me from my arm really hard and started to yell at me and then all of the sudden I had blacked out...

All I can remember after that was waking up to what it seemed like I was in a hospital, bright lights in my face and a doctor checking my eyes after I had just opened them and he asked if I was hurt anywhere I was , but I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I was in pain and shocked, I guess I knew what had happened but I just didn't want to think about it or even admit it..

After a while I was still lying on the uncomfortable hospital bed.. waiting. Then I see that my brother come running through the door towards me and hugging me tightly and asking me if I was alright I was finally able to talk and get the words out,

"No, I'm in so much pain", "Please help me"

I heard him say to me "It's going to be okay", "I'm here now but what happen?"

"I-I got jumped by some stranger on my way home.." I lied.

~ Brandon Point Of View ~

I could see my sister was in so much pain but at that moment I felt like I couldn't do anything , I've never seen her this bad well Mother's a whole other story but still I was worried, how could something this bad be done to such an sweet, happy and innocent girl I don't understand and I don't think I ever can.. Whoever did this would have to pay for what they did to my sister..

~ Sky's Point Of View ~

He hugged me tighter. Where was my mother? Does she even know what happen to me? Did she know this was all her boyfriend's fault...? Who knows.. but she obviously didn't care to come see me.

After getting out the hospital everything went back to how it was before Mark would come home as if nothing had happen and as if he hadn't done anything to me..

Since that day I was broken, I was numb.. I wasn't able to eat. I wish it had stopped there but it didn't.

I wasn't able to do or say anything he had threaten me to do something bad to my brother and mother. I couldn't even tell my own brother in fear him be disappointed in me or we wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it.

After two years of continuous abuse that last time, I felt different. I was now 15 years old, and I had been feeling sick so I asked my brother take me to the doctors. I had received the most horrible and shocking news ever. I was... pregnant at that moment there was no point in keeping it a secret I had to come clean even after having the fear that they would not believe me or they would kick me out, but I told my brother and I had decided that the best thing was to get an abortion since I knew I wasn't capable of raising a child and I was still too young plus it was from my mother's boyfriend. After that Brandon and I went to the police and reported my mother's boyfriend. My mother was very mad and she had told me that I would have to pay for what I did to her. She would try to hit me but this time I wasn't allowing that.

(One week later)

I was sent to go live with my biological father John, so Brandon and I packed our stuff and get ready to leave, leave to a new school and new town away from everything wrong in my life...

~The True RoseWood Hills~