LoveKahlee

So, I got up the nerve to ask one of my favorite writers/poets to see if I could do an interview with her. She said yes, because she's super sweet and is completely down to earth. All of her stories, free verse novels, and poems are incredibly inspiring, and they seem to all come from her heart. I hope you enjoy! :D

 LoveKahlee: First of all, I want to say thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this. I feel so special that you asked me to interview me, because I'm kind of a boring person. ;)

When did you start writing?

LoveKahlee: Everyone writes, but I distinctly remember in elementary school we used to have these "end of the month" things where three stories out of the entire grade were picked to be read in front of the school. The prompt was about a magical sled that could take you anywhere in the world, and my story was chosen. Sadly, I was too shy back then to talk in front of people, so my teacher read it for me.

Why do you write?

LoveKahlee: I write, because it makes me happy as cliché as that sounds. I write as a way to express myself and to use my imagination in different ways.

Who/what is your greatest inspiration?

LoveKahlee: I wouldn't say that I have one specific muse. I like to keep an open mind when I write, so I'm not contained in only one genre or topic. Unfortunately, I find myself writing more and more about my non-existent love life.

Do you have a specific place you like to write?

LoveKahlee: Writing is pretty personal to me, so I like to be alone when I do it. Sometimes, throughout the day, I'll think of a cool phrase or poem, and I'll jot it down, but other than that I usually write in my room.

Who is your favorite Wattpad author?

LoveKahlee: Although, I love everyone on Wattpad, I do have my absolute favorites. It depends on what I'm in the mood to read, but, recently, I've been in love with anything written by northbynorth or_flaws_. :)

What is your favorite Wattpad book?

LoveKahlee: Once again, it depends on what I want to read at that moment, so my favorite book varies throughout the week. Honestly, any book I add into my reading list is amazing.

Do you have a method of writing?

LoveKahlee: I don't really do anything special before or after I write. I just... write.

How do you feel about writer's block?

LoveKahlee: Writer's block is why I delete so many of my uncompleted series so soon. I hate losing inspiration for something, and I'm not the kind of person to force myself to continue writing a story by popular demand.

Who/what encourages you to write?

LoveKahlee: Like I said before, I don't exactly have a muse, but I enjoy taking certain situations and making them my own. I tend to over-exaggerate when I write, which is why my poems are so dramatic. I write a lot about family and love, which is what everyone can relate to in any way.

Do you have Wattpad friends?

LoveKahlee: Yes, people on Wattpad are so nice! It's easy for me to be myself with people who don't really "know" me. I'm thankful for everyone I've gotten to talk to. It's been amazing! :)

Do you listen to music while you write?

 LoveKahlee: Not so much while I write, but I do find inspiration in music. I absolutely adore music.

Who is your favorite music artist?

LoveKahlee; I'm open to all genres of music, but, as of right now, I'd choose Rachael Yamagata, Mumford and Sons, or anything acoustic.

How long have you played guitar and written music?

LoveKahlee: I've only been consistently playing guitar since March 2013, so almost a year. I started out writing only music lyrics, then it kind of turned into poems and free verse novels. Now, I'm on Wattpad! :D

Why did you start a Wattpad account?

LoveKahlee: Even before I started an account, I read it from my laptop anonymously. Finally, some friends encouraged me to start one of my own, so I did. I'm surprised I have over 1000 votes total, because I never even thought I would get more than 10. I'm extremely thankful for every vote and comment I receive, though I may not reply to every single one.

Finally, any advice for beginning writers/poets?

LoveKahlee: Be yourself. Don't let other people tell you how to write. Take criticism openly, but don't let it always influence you to change the way you are. If your writing means something to you, then that's all that matters. :)

LoveKahlee has been an incredible person to get to know. She's always been there for me to vent to, and I'm thankful to have an awesome friend like her! :D

Also, check out her other account SincerelyKahlee for some of the amazing books she is starting to write!