Flashback

**Carson's Senior Year of High School, May 19th, Friday night**

I sat with my friends Ashlynn and Kennedy as we talked about the upcoming fall when we become college freshman.

"So, has Devin really decided to go to Duke?" Ashlynn asked while scrolling on her phone.

I sighed and shrugged. I knew my boyfriend decided to attend Duke University which was hundreds of miles away from where we lived.

We lived in San Antonio, Texas. I was upset my boyfriend picked to go to Duke University, it was located in North Carolina. Extremely far from Texas. I really couldn't be upset because I was going to the Art Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. I knew it was far from home, but they offered the best culinary arts program in the nation. I also received a presidential scholarship to the school also, so why not?

Kennedy looked up from her phone and then at me.

"He did didn't he" she asked with a slight attitude. She knew Devin and I had planned on going to the same school, but he got accepted to Duke on a basketball scholarship, so I had to let my boyfriend become successful. Devin and I had been together since 8th grade. He was that boy that used to always pick on me and we've been together ever since.

"Speaking of the devil.." Ashlynn laughed and looked at my boyfriend who was walking onto the beach with his two friends Bryson and Wes who were also the boyfriends of Ashlynn and Kennedy.

I smiled and walked up to Devin and hugged his neck and he returned by squeezing his arms around my waist and kissing my lips. I returned his kiss and looked at him.

"Bout time you made it here.." I smiled and he grabbed my ass looking at me.

"I would've been here sooner, but Bryson took for fucking ever to get ready."

I laughed and nodded, "Figured."

We all sat on the beach with the rest of our classmates. We were having senior night at the beach and everybody was gonna be there.

**** LATER THAT NIGHT ****

It was 11 PM and I was already drunk. My friends were drunk, my whole class was drunk. Ashlynn, Kennedy, and myself all stood by the water and talked about our relationships. I took another sip from my cup that was filled Hennessy and looked at them.

"Guys, I'm gonna go find Devin okay..I'll be back." I slurred as I walked away from them. I walked back to where all my classmates were and looked around for Devin. I didn't see him anywhere. I walked up to Wes and tapped him, he looked up at me, "Wassup shorty?"

"Where's Dev?" I asked him

He shrugged and went back to chugging beer with Bryson and some other boys from our class. I walked to the parking lot with my phone in one hand and my cup in the other. I called Devin's phone repeatedly and he didn't answer. I sighed and walked to his car. I stopped as soon as I heard someone groaning. I then heard a girl's voice asking, "You like that daddy huh? I fuck you better than your girlfriend don't I?"

"Hell fuck yea..she don't got shit on you girl.."

I felt my heart breaking into a million pieces slowly. I hoped and prayed it wasn't Devin that I heard. I walked up to the car and the windows were down. I seen Devin's face and I saw some girl riding him while she sat on his lap. I stood there for a while looking at the pleasure in his face. It hurt everything inside of me.

"D...Dev..Devin..?" I managed to get out. I was choked up on my tears I could barely talk.

He instantly turned his head to my direction and it looked as if he had seen a ghost. He quickly pushed the girl into the passenger seat and hurried to fix his swimming trunks. I shook my head in disbelief and looked at the girl who was looking at me with a smirk on her face. I quickly walked back to the beach trying to hold in my tears. I walked quickly through the sand to where my friends were yelling their names while approaching them,

"Ashlynn! Kennedy! Can you guys please..please take me home..." I stuttered holding back my tears and looking away from them.

"Why? Carson..what's wrong?" Kennedy asked looking at me.

"Carson! Stop!" I heard Devin yelling behind me. I looked at my friends.

"Take me home.."

"Carson..I'm sorry I'm drunk and she just...she came onto me.." Devin lied straight through his teeth to me I know it.

"I came onto you Devin? Seriously? You've been texting me since we've been in 11th grade." The girl said to him.

"11th grade Devin? Really?"

I looked at him with hurt and disbelief all over my face. He looked down and sighed. I splashed my drink in his face and looked at the girl.

"You can have him.." I walked away from the beach where everyone was and went to the parking lot and waited on Ashlynn and Kennedy. They finally came to the car 5 minutes later and took me home. Fuck her. Fuck Devin. Fuck the both of them. Fuck everything.

*