Welcome to the House of Nightmare

I opened my eyes and blinked.

            “Welcome to the house of Nightmare!”

            2 teenagers, a boy and a girl, greeted me with their arms outstretched, wide grins plastered to their lips. The boy wore a black suit and the girl wore a black dress. Squinting at the two, I saw their long pitch black hair, was I mistaken but their eyes... Glowing red eyes. I blinked, it was gone, replaced by a deep burgundy colour. I must still be tired, tired from what? Their complexion was pale; veins could be seen crawling from their neck to their jaws.

            They each held onto my elbows, guiding me through the iron gates.

            It looked like a cemetery. Headstones lined up the dirt path. Trees loomed over us in an arch, the sky was pitch black. No stars in sight.

            We entered the manor, Nothing but darkness. We walked for minutes, or was it hours? Or days? I don’t know now. Am I blindfolded or is it merely the darkness? Hands on my elbows are becoming clammy. The two on either side of me are starting to giggle madly.

            What’s so funny? My voice! I can’t speak!

            I strained to see the end of our path, a bit of light was peering through at the corner. What corner? Nearer and nearer.

            2 people, a man and a woman, sat in front of a window fully covering the wall. The man was holding onto a teacup. The woman was smoking, her legs crossed.

            “Shall we help them?” The man said sipping his tea. The woman looked over the scenery out of the window.

            “Why should we?”

            “They don’t know what they’re doing? Is that good enough?”

            “Let them slaughter each other.”

            I was pushed nearer and nearer until my face was pressed upon the glass of the windowpane. The sky was blood red. The buildings were on fire. People were burning. Running. The city was flowing with blood.

            A man, burning from head to toe, ran and ran until he was pressed against the glass.

            “Help.”

            I blinked. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Everything was white. My bed, the bed sheets, the walls. There were no windows.  

            Hands on my elbows.

            “Welcome to the house of Nightmare!”