(Rarishy) A Flame in Fluttershy's Heart [Chapter 1]

Fluttershy sits in her cottage alone. Waiting for one of her best friends to come visit. They had scheduled a play-date with there pets a week ago, and she was excited to see Angel finally make some new friends. However, Fluttershy has been waiting for over an hour. Where has her dramatic friend been? She decides to go to her house instead. "Alright Angel, stay here, I know you wanted to play with Opal, but Rarity Hasn't come for an hour. I'll go try and find her. If you get hungry there are some carrots in the pantry..." Fluttershy says to Angel, just before leaving the house. Angel glares back at her but let's it go. Fluttershy knew he wouldn't mind, he never really did like cats.

Fluttershy enters into town, to see a rather hipper-active pink earth pony. "H-Hello Pinkie Pie, how are you? Have you seen Rarity recently? We were supposed to have a play-date with Opal and Angel."

"Oh, well, I'm fantabulous! But, I haven't seen Rar anywhere until yesterday. Maybe you should go to her Boutique!" The party pony exclaimed just before she bounced down the street. Fluttershy never understood Pinkie, but she doesn't mind her crazy antics. She continues on through the market side of Ponyville to find a farm pony selling baked goods. She gets a sudden craving for apple fritter, so she pauses her journey to go buy some apple treats.

"Well, hey there Fluttershy! What brings you to the market side of Ponyville?" Applejack said after selling an apple pie to a customer.

"Oh, well, I was walking over to Rarity's Boutique... a-and I saw your apple treats, and was wondering if I could have an apple fritter... please?" Fluttershy says while pulling out a few bits.

"Oh, don't ya'll worry none, It's on me."

"T-Thank you... have you seen Rarity by any chance?"

"Hmmm..... well... I don't think so, but it'd be best if you try her shop." Applejack responded while giving Fluttershy an Apple Fritter.

"Once again, thank you."

"Y'all come back now, ya here!" Applejack said waving her shy friend goodbye. Fluttershy ate the apple fritter and continued her walk to Rarity's house. On the way, she passes many familiar buildings. Town Hall, SugarCube Corner, Twilight's Library. The Boutique should be a few minutes away. Fluttershy becomes more anxious, she slowly begins to walk faster and faster. She nears the corner when she hears a loud noise come from behind her. She walks faster and faster. Her mind goes wild with crazy stories that might have happened. She's now at a gallop. Fluttershy is almost there, she turns a corner and sees..... Rarity's Boutique, in a gust of flame. Screaming comes from inside the building sending shivers down Fluttershy's back. Tears well up in her eyes, she starts to run to the opening to find all of her friends there, besides Rarity.

"W-What happened!?!" Fluttershy says through her tears.

"We don't know! One second everything was fine, and the next... firecolts are blaring down the street!" Twilight says.

"Where's Rarity!?" Fluttershy's heart began to race. Where was she? Was she in the...

"We believe she's trapped in the house, but the firecolts aren't able to put the fire out... we don't think she'll make it..." Twilight responds.More and more tears come on Fluttershy's face. Rarity was... gone? Her best friend, the most generous of ponies was gone... Another loud scream came from the house. Fluttershy squeezed her eyes shut and began to barrel towards the burning building.

"Fluttershy! What are you doing!?" Spike yells after her. She blocks out the dragons words and smashes the burning door down. Inside, everything is in flames. There are embers everywhere, and in the middle of it, a scarred white unicorn. Fluttershy can feel a tingling in her right wing from the fire. She runs to Rarity, and tries to speak, but smoke fills her lungs and she begins to cough. Fluttershy barely manages to pick Rarity up, only to find that the doorway has been blocked off by rubbage. She finds the nearest window and flies as fast as she can to it. Ignoring the burning pain on her body she thrusts Rarity out the window, but doesn't have the strength to go out herself. Fluttershy crashed to the burning ground. All around her, flames tear down the once beautiful boutique. Tears of fear, pride, and regret, she slowly closes her eyes and waits to pass. More burning material falls around her. Within a few seconds she's out cold.