Chapter One: Dressmaking and Making an Entrance

Sunbeams filtered lazily through the windows of her mother's store, illuminating the various dresses adorning mannequins and other displays.

The colors shone like candy and jewels in the light, lazy dust motes floating past to create a serene and wondrous ambience in the shop. The display window debuted the newest design, a dark green gown with the most delightful lace and Christmas ornaments and fake snow filled the display.

The sign outside read 'Dress Scythe', a play on words that was not quite clever. The outside presentation of the shop was cheery and inviting to any who might pass by.

Meanwhile, in the back of the shop, past several doors, a young woman sat at a table, the whirring and clicking of the sewing machine pounding a litany in her ears. Hands moved with purpose, driven by the years of making clothes with her mother.

The finished product was a pastel-hued dress with a white frill, flower patterned lace, and a candy print on the pockets. Someone had ordered it for their daughter and it was to be wrapped.

As soon as it was wrapped, she ran to grab something to eat before heading to the DWMA. There was not much time and she could not be late for her first day.

Gulping down juice and shoving peanut butter on toast into her mouth, she burst through the door with a muffled yell to her mother at the store's counter. Black shoes clattered across the cobblestone as she sped towards the school in the flouncy black and white dress, raven hair flowing behind her. She needed to make it on time, her father would be sad if she was tardy.

Just in time, she made it to the school and to class to take a seat. There were many other students, various sorts of people gathered in a single room. Most of the other students seemed to have already paired off, Meister and weapon.

Maybe she still had a chance to find a Meister of her own.