Take me Away

The chain of events you will read about happened from the years of 2010 to present day. Please read responsably. Some scenes might seem destructive and sad for some vewiers. Don't say I didn't warn you...                                                                                                                                                  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I sat on my small green chair in the middle of my balcony. The glass door was wide open, allowing the warm, summer air to filter my room and give it a warm touch. I took my glass of water and took a little sip. I stared outside, the summer air rushing through my face and blowing my hair into my face. I stared at the beach, - it was just a couple of minutes away from my house - watching other teenagers having drinks and surfing. Ah, how I loved summer. I smiled to the thought of me going to Florida for vacations. My cousins would be there, playing in the pool and running in the garden. A small knock on my door interrupted my thougts. I stood up and grabbed my glass of water. I opened the door and gasped. Outside my door was a legenday creature, rarely seen, - and very sweet, too - my brother. I hugged him tightly, leaving my glass on a side table next to us. Happy tears streamed down my face as we embraced in the middle of the hallway. My brother had gone to the university, so I hadn't seen him in about two years. We finally stopped hugging, and I saw the sad look on his face. His eyes were red and puffy...he had been crying. I hated seeing my brother like this. 

"What's wrong, Dylan?" I asked, my face full of concern and worry. 

"It's dad." He said in a small, fragile voice. Whenever he was like this, the situation was serious. I rushed past him and went downstairs to the kitchen. My dad was sitting in a chair in front of the kitchen counter with a glass of orange juice in his hand. My mom was on the other side of the counter, her eyes red and puffy, too. I walked to the counter, where they greeted me with the same look again. My mom's eyes welled up in tears, while my dad sat there, motionless. 

"Dad...what's wrong" I asked, resting my hand on his stiff shoulder. 

"Sweetie, we need to talk to you about someting..." The moment he was saying that, Dylan came rushing down the stairs, with my suitcases. 

"We're leaving for vacation today." Dylan said, setting my suitcases on the floor. "We have to"

"But...why? Is everything ok dad?"

"June, honey, I'm not very healthy. I went to the doctor yesterday, and I have been diagnosed with pancreas cancer. The doctors say I'll be fine, but there's no way to be sure." As he said the last words, I sat down on the couch, devastated. One moment I had been one of the happiest teenagers in the world, and now I was probably one of the most destroyed. My mom left, getting her keys and going upstairs. She came back with both of her suitcases, and my brother's. My mom was a very strong woman, so we always asked her if she could carry our stuff. I took my suitcases and hugged my dad. I gave him a small kiss on his cheek, and left. I couldn't stand seeing him after what he told us - - it was too sad. I placed my suitcases in the trunk and opened the back door. I sat down, staring out of the window to the beautiful day. How could this day bring so much darkness when it was all sunshine and happiness? Tears were falling from my eyes like droplets of water from a storm. I closed my eyes, and waited for my mom to start the engine.