Prolog - Take this, my dear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 20 years later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ before tragedy struck ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zerria time to come inside," yelled a worried woman's voice. Brown hair blew in the wind as the orange highlight's hit the dawning sun. "Coming mom, I'll see you Vince mom's calling me, bye," the 16 year old girl said as she waved goodbye to her friend. "Bye Zerria, I'll see you tomorrow," the boy yelled before Zerria was far out of his sight range. Zerria ran into the castle like home to only notice her father had returned from taking care of a few thing's. "Good afternoon father, how was your day," Zerria asked as Kur hummed and looked up from the book he was holding. Smiling a gentle kind smile as always, "mighty fine little one but your mom was worried about you it is getting dark and you know how mother feels about the darkness." 

"Sorry dad I lost track of time," Zerria said as she took off her shoes and placed them on the side of the mat before running over to her father hugging him. "Oh Kur your home as well, how was working things out with the council today," Midnight walked in with her long brown hair pulled up into a messy bun and held a dish towel in her hand. Kur stood up after patting Zerria and kissed Midnight on the cheek before smiling, "tiring but I'll manage it besides everything is going smoothly and calmly. Anything new on your end, my dear queen." 

Midnight lightly smacked Kur with the towel and chuckled, "your such a tease at times, my dear, but no, nothing has happened yet and I would like to keep it that way. Oh did you see Lenix and Ichigo today and their new little one Ailana. She's such a cutie." Midnight smiled as Kur hummed again before looking back at Zerria, "come on it's time for your mother's delicious cooking." Suddenly the doorbell rang and Midnight walked over to the door and answered it, "Oh Grell, what a surprise. Come in we're about to have dinner." A man dressed in red walked into the room smiling. "It's good to see you again Kur, how's everything going," Grell asked as Midnight placed another plate out for Grell. 

"It's been quite the hassel if I do say so myself dealing with the public and such but it's settled some to the point it's peaceful. Oh talking about such things I already talked to the head of the reaper board and they said you and Adrian can represent the reaper society in my council starting this coming saturday," Kur said as Midnight sat down beside him and cleaning up Zerria's face a little. Grell clicked his tonuge and ate the meal with them, "I'll have to tell Adrian once I go back after all he is a legend in the reaper society. And we'll be there saturday morning ready for anything." Kur smiled as they finished dinner and Zerria followed Midnight into the kitchen to help with the dishes.

"Kur have you heard," Grell suddenly spoke up as Kur set down the glass he was drinking from. Kur looked up to Grell and hummed before standing and walking over to the window, "yes Lenix and Lance felt a strange aura two days ago and they fear it's not friendly. I've already ordered everyone to be on high alert from this point forward due to the feeling I've been having since a month ago." Biting his lip Grell stood up and stood next to Kur, "do you know who it reminds me of Kur." Kur looked over at Grell and growled, "an arch angel those angel's cause trouble and cause chaos I remember an old friend that caused the same but had complete control over such things. He dealt with them long ago so I'm sending Lance and Edward to go find him since we need him once again."

"But Kur, ain't Lance and Edward your strongest fighters," Grell gasped at Kur's decision. "Yes but it's necessary for the task. He likes to have a battle before he helps anyone so with both Lance and Edward nothing can go wrong," Kur said before walking away from the window and sitting back down at the table as Grell did the same. "So tell the reaper society to be ready to take action," Grell said as Kur looked towards the kitchen. With a simple nod Midnight and Zerria came back into the dinning room.