Midnight Thunder.

I am in a really fluffy mood right now. Like, if I don't write something cute I think I'll explode. So here's a Merthur One-shot. Hope you enjoy, but if you don't that doesn't matter because I wrote this for me. In this fanfic Arthur's 12 and Merlin's 10. Merlin lives in the castle, working as a kitchen hand.
------------------------------------

Lightening cracked and thunder rumbled outside, rain pounding on Arthur's bedroom window. He rolled over in his sleep, mumbling. There was an extra loud bang, and the whole sky lit up. Arthur shot up in his bed, breathing heavily. He looked round and frowned, rubbing his eyes, then laying back down. Suddenly a hand gripped his, and he shot up again with a muffled yelp. 

A boy with dark hair peeked up at him. "What are you doing in my room?!" Asked Arthur, gathering the covers around him and shrinking back from the boy, who looked rather familiar to the young prince, though he couldn't figure out why. "I'm scared," the boy whimpered.

"How did you get in here?"

"Your door wasn't locked. I w-work in the kitchens. My name's Merlin," the boy nearly jumped out of his skin as another rumble of thunder shook the floor. Arthur could see he was truely scared, and the young prince had a kind heart. "Here," he said, lifting up the edge of his covers. "Really sire?" Merlin said, his eyes wide. He seemed to have just realized who's room he had entered in his desperate search for comfort. "Really," Arthur confirmed. "Come on."

Merlin climbed in next to the other boy, trying to keep as far away as possible from him, but Arthur beckoned the young servant over. Just then another rumble of thunder sounded, and Merlin whimpered. "I'm really scared," he almost cried. "Shh, shh. I'll protect you." Arthur pulled the unresisting servant into his arms, hugging him close. "I'll protect you," he repeated, stroking Merlin's hair. Slowly, they both fell asleep.

So, I know that was really short, but it's late and my need to write cute stuff has gone. I may continue this in the morning, who knows.