Chapter 1- First Day of School

Annie's POV

I finish brushing the knots out of my hair until it's sleek and straight. I continue to get ready by putting my wedges on and grabbing my backpack. As I walk down the stairs, I notice Hayley's room is empty. Looks like everyone's waiting on me. Hayley is in the process of putting on her adidas superstars. "Hey, you nervous for your first day of middle school?" I ask her. "Nah, not really. It'll be basically be just like the fifth grade," she says. "What about you, Annie?" My mom asks as she eats an apple. "Nervous for sophomore year?" I just shake my head no. Things will be different, though. This will be my first time going to high school in a relationship. Luke and I started dating this summer. "Better get going now. Bye, I love you," my mom says as she practically pushes us out the door. "Dad's waiting in the car." Hayley and I run to the car, I thankfully make it there first and get shotgun. "Not fair," she complains. "Hey, I'm older. And better," I say, laughing. We arrive at school and get out of the car. "Bye dad! Love you," we say in unison. I walk up to the school and see Katie, Luke, Sydney, and Brennan standing by the lockers. "Hey guys!" I say excitedly. Luke kisses me on the cheek, I hug Katie and Syd, and give a small smile to Brennan. "I have chemistry first, what about you guys?" I ask. "Oh, me too," Brennan says. We continue to talk about our schedules when the bell rings. "Bye, see you guys at lunch," I say. Brennan and I start walking to chemistry together. "Brennan, isn't this a sophomore class? You're a senior," I say trying to hide my laugh. "Maybe? I don't know. I kind of got behind on some of my classes last year so I'm trying to make up for it now." We walk into the classroom together and sit down at a table together. "Hey, I know we never really talked about it, but I just wanted to apologize, for what happened this summer. I never meant to hurt you. And you know that I'll always-" he cuts me off. "It's okay, really. You and Luke are happy. That's all that matters." He gives me a sad smile and then the teacher walks in. "Hello, guys. I'm Mr. Robertson, I'll be your teacher this year..."

AN: I know. A very awkward ending. But it's just the first chapter and and I'm trying to get a feel of what I'm writing. It's been awhile. Please vote for this chapter, add this story, and follow me for updates. ALSO; disclaimer. This is not a continuation of any of my previous stories. And I'll hopefully get the last chapter of my other fanfic up soon. Bye guys. :)