The Slender Man

Finally a new camera; a Polaroid at that! She ran through her empty house plotting where she'd shoot her first photograph. Excitedly she skipped through the halls and found the perfect room. She took aim at the empty room and pushed the button; the camera whirled into action. Although the image that emerged as the photo developed left her frightened. She didn't move not an inch; her eyes were lying to her; it couldn't be. A towering, thin man stood before her in the photograph. His skin almost white in contrast to his smart, jet black suit finished with an equally dark, gloomy tie. The thing that frightened her most was his face. White. Just white; no eyes; no nose; no ears. She could feel him smirking at her where no lips lay. His no face; his snow-white skin;

his

long

slender

body.

She waved the Polaroid through the air.

"This can't be!" She whispered under her breath as her feet staggered backwards. Her eyes moved frantically about the room, to the photo, to the room, to the photo, to the room. Her eyes turned to grey, pale pebbles and her skin turned to a deep, sickly green. She took a moment to calm herself and in an instant; she ran. She ran and ran and ran, through the house and out the doors and along the path that lead to the forest. She wanted to get as far away as possible.

"No, no, no, why me?!" She repeated as she ran.

The night was nigh and darkness arose. She ran with all her might, panting as the moon light bathed her nice, olive skin until the trees went far over her head and sunk her in the darkness. She aimed the camera behind her and took another photo; she watched it develop as she ran. Trees. Just trees.

"Where is he?!" She screamed, frantically observing the photo, so intently and deeply like he must be in there.  "Where are you?!" She screamed again, with anger more than fear. She came to a stop and watched her breath as it converted into steam as it drifted past her eyes. Her heart throbbing; her lungs dying, she croaked through her tears: "Please stop." She circled herself, looking; searching for him.

She stared at the trees that surrounded her.

"Can't run !!!"

"He's coming"

"Help me !"

Torn up pieces of paper were posted on the trees, dozens of them, like warnings. The posters were stained with blood and the drawings of children.

Her eyes swollen and red, they became waterfalls. She knew her fate was upon her. She felt a force zoom past her as her hair flew the same direction. Her eyes widened and her skin trembled with its presents.

There he was; a silent figure, staring at her with the eyes he did not posses. Slowly and stiffly she held up the camera and pushed the button. The photo floated down to the ground as she stood solid like a statue. Her throat tightened and her breath squeezed its way out; she mouthed the words but her voice did not compel. Static scratching etched in her ears around her, her voice crackled as she tried once more as the photo lay there: a static spoiled photograph.

"The Slender Man."