How Love Seems To Work

This is great. Smelling of sweat is great. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I went into lessons all day last week. What is my problem?

I’m currently sat in my room. It’s 07:43A.M and I’m waiting for my mother, who just so happens to still be in bed.

“Hurry up mum, we’re gunna be late!”

No response. I got up off of my freshly made bed and lazily dragged my feet towards her bedroom door. I knocked but went in without hearing her response. I notice that Tony, my mum’s boyfriend, had left for work. I really need to pay more attention to these things, he could have still been here and getting dressed for all I knew. My thoughts immediatly ran back to me when I saw my mum laid on her side of the bed, undressed and half asleep.

“Mum!”, I shouted to the half dead parent in front of me.

Her eyes suddenly flew open then found their way to the worn out alarm clock on her bedside table. She shot out of the bed as fast as a cheetah. I scurried out of the room before I could get injured but her sudden realisation of the world around her.

I gathered my things for school and put them into my new handbag. My grandma had bought me this for christmas, and even though i was the one who chose it out, it was still my favourite gift from her. I carefully slung my bag over my shoulder, taking care in it so I didn’t mess up my blazer. I slipped my shoes on and quickly looked in the mirror. I wasn’t very satisfied with my appearance, I never was, but it’ll do. It’s only school, who am I trying to impress?

 After about 10 minutes of smoothing down the hair on my dogs head, my mum eventually made her way down the stairs.

“You ready Chloe?”

Really?

“I’ve been ready since 1968”

She rolled her eyes at me, grabbed her teaching supplies and headed out the front door. I followed her out, locking the door behind me.

To be honest, it’s kind of weird having a mother who teaches at the same school you go to, but when you have problems like mine, it’s quite handy.

I forced her to listen to my One Direction CD instead of her Cat Stevens one. I know she doesn’t particularly like One Direction’s music but I know that she loves them for saving me. So she doesn’t mind me listening to them on the way to school, how else am I going to prepare myself for the day when I’m not in a good mood?

“Are you sure you want to go in today?”

“Mum, it’s school. I can’t keep being home schooled because I’m only learning Maths and English. I have to do this, I need to.”

“Okay then sweetheart, just come up to Learning Support if you feel like you can’t do it.”

I nodded at her; she knows that’s what I’m going to do anyway. That’s my save haven.