A look back at the first world war

Pretend you are a Republican in 1919 who is opposed to the Treaty of Versailles. Write two paragraphs that explain why the United States should not ratify the Treaty of Versailles after World War I.

To maintain a steady lucrative supply trade routes with European partners and give them available funds a War Hawk division of Senators and Congressmen rooted together to prepare continuation of war supplies to England, Keep lending to Major powers in the war, purposely provoke war with sending civilian ships into dangerous controlled U boat waters, and become a major foreign competitor in world trade matters. The reasons for which the Treaty of Versailles should not be signed is the unbelievable amount of money reserves, natural recourses, and unreasonable reparations forced upon Germany to pay after the war was over. And due to the parameters of the Treaty Central powers had to obied by they couldn't economically expand in certain sectors and markets to counter the later 1920s Great Depression that engulfed major industrial players.

That the United States should not be engaging in long term interconnected activities with its trading partners, giving up it's military dominance, and to not create the League of Nations that will tie up innocent American troops in commiting favors for fellow partners In the League of Nations, it will will divert our recourses, put our foreign reputation at risk, squander money and troops, and commit to unreliable entangling alliances with our countries.